Vote.

I think the main problem with people who don't vote because they don't want to vote "blindly" is not the fact that they say that, but the fact that
they don't care about their own lives to the point where they wouldn't even bother to check the bakground of the people, who will make the decisions for them.....

It's certainly not out of apathy that I don't vote. :)

So you have no problem with the fiercely anti-voting sexy Scottish type, like myself? :p

I think the main problem with people who don't vote because they don't want to vote "blindly" is not the fact that they say that, but the fact that
they don't care about their own lives to the point where they wouldn't even bother to check the bakground of the people, who will make the decisions for them.....

i really havent paid attention to any of the issues, any of ther candidates, nothing. and at this point and time in my life i could really care less. i care about my life and who ever is in office doesnt really make an impact on my life. im gonna keep doing my thing reguardless who's in office. if someone gets elected and makes a change that actually makes an impact on my daily life... oh well, thats the way it goes.. same thing would have happened even if i voted for the other guy and he lost. thats life.

im a simple man

All I can say is I need to focus more on my personal self before politics at this point, who is in the house and senate has no importance right now, getting my ear fixed and getting out of my house and taking the biggest risk I ever have are my main focus.

I did vote absentee, but I cared so little I forget who I voted for. I think an independent.
And yeah, he should have :p

To everyone that didn't, ignore those elitist pricks that chastise you. It's your choice, not theirs. These are the same people that often get mad because you voted for a third party. :D

Reactions: Mike
Hey, I haven't voted plenty of times. I have no contempt for those that choose not to vote. I completely understand voting ambivalence.

It's just that the ones that DID vote are the ones that made it happen yesterday ;)

I wasn't referring to you. :p

I mean people like my father. Don't vote, you're a dick. Vote for a 3rd party, you're a dick giving away votes.

While I don't agree, I do have the feeling that Ralph Nader cost Gore the election back in 2000. (come on, the only people who voted for Nader were the ones who would have voted for Gore if they had to choose between the two)....

Here in Belgium, you're required by law to vote.

I'd vote for the baddies out of spite. I'd also be an asshole. "I have something here in my pocket for you, Mr. Pollster... Almost got it... ah, here it is." *Eisenhower salute*

Seriously, whats the penalty? And if they force you to vote in a church, I'd raise hell.

I'd vote for the baddies out of spite. I'd also be an asshole. "I have something here in my pocket for you, Mr. Pollster... Almost got it... ah, here it is." *Eisenhower salute*

Seriously, whats the penalty? And if they force you to vote in a church, I'd raise hell.
Haha no you vote in a large hall, usually. A sports hall.

You're not actually required to vote. You do not have voting duty, you have turning-out-duty. You mist present yourself with your identity card and your voting card. Then you are sent into a cubicle but you do not have to vote if you don't want to.

The penalty for not turning out is quite high. Sometimes up to €500.