Vote.

Vote Libertarian. The only party that will let you live your life the way you want, will stop spending your money like it was theirs for the taking, and will give everyone in America the rights they are guaranteed under the Constitution.

I voted Librarian. :loco:

^ granted.

I hate politicians and politics, and above all I hate the corruption we need to whitness when election time is on... all those election TV advertisments..
that out tax money buys... dirty details about each one... its so low!
However: to ignore your PRIVILEGE to vote is one of the worst thing one can do.
It is a privilege, and it shall never be taken for granted... IMO

Warrel couldn't have said it better himself.

^ granted.

I hate politicians and politics, and above all I hate the corruption we need to whitness when election time is on... all those election TV advertisments..
that out tax money buys... dirty details about each one... its so low!
However: to ignore your PRIVILEGE to vote is one of the worst thing one can do.
It is a privilege, and it shall never be taken for granted... IMO

I actually consider it a privilege too widely granted. I'm not sure everyone should be able to vote.

I guy a used to work with said this:

"The question is: 'Do you want Pepsi or Coke?' - well, I want water"

Pretty valid, if you ask me. Thats why I don't vote.

Oh come on. Like voting Democrat is ever going to be the right solution.

In a two party system, you always end up having to pick the best of a bad bunch, fuck that.

So voting democrats probably means that baby killing and gay marriage will be totally legal, so what? - that shit is hardly an issue to anyone with their head firmy out of Jesus's ass - The social problems that are eating away at American society, and western society in general, won't be treated.

The democrats are AS ineffective as the republicans. For me, when voting becomes nothing more than a question of "which party will make sure i still get to do all the shit i like to do?" It's became base, simplistic and fucking useless.

:)

Watch that youtube video I posted, that is a perfect example of why our "conservatives" need to be out of power.

Watch that youtube video I posted, that is a perfect example of why our "conservatives" need to be out of power.

Yeah, but again that's a very simplistic way of looking at it. There is no easy right/wrong, democrat/republican dynamic at work here.

No, you can't change the world by casting a single vote. But if you don't vote, you have no right to even bitch. DL is right -- it's not just folks, it's also local ordinances, laws, etc. If you've got a problem with what's going on, get up off your flat lazy ass and do something about it. Lobby, vote, put a slogan on a t-shirt, "save" the planet, volunteer -- DO something. That's all. Voting is a part of that.

I'm not apathetic, I've already said that. AND I do campaign, I juse refuse to vote. I'd rather be a politically alienated and disenfranchised statistic than vote without any heart or conviction.

I believe passionately In my NOT voting, and I refuse to accept any argument that says I have to and if not I have no right to bitch. I have EVERY right to bitch.

Yeah, but again that's a very simplistic way of looking at it. There is no easy right/wrong, democrat/republican dynamic at work here.

I understand what you're saying, and I'm definitely informed on other issues involved, but I see usurping power from those fanatics as quite urgent at this time. I don't want to live in a totalitarian state engaged in a holy war with the Muslim world.

Good point.

The mandate to lead is given by the people and it's fair to say a large proportion of people support Bush.

Therein lies the rub! Alot of people are misguided and brainwashed into believing George Bush and his cronies are what's best for America. Democracy works like that, and it's not good. :(

Good point.

The mandate to lead is given by the people and it's fair to say a large proportion of people support Bush.

Therein lies the rub! Alot of people are misguided and brainwashed into believing George Bush and his cronies are what's best for America. Democracy works like that, and it's not good. :(

Do you think Saddam Hussein's condamnation is a coincidence? Weird that it happened 2 days before elections in the USA! I wouldn't be surprised if the republicans use this to buff their campaign in 2 years.

Well, I'm not willing to read *too* much into the timing, to be honest.

However, If re-elected, Bush and Co. are gonna have entire coalition - meaning old friends and a relative of mine - have their Middle-Eastern hell (i.e. fighting for nothing) extended as we invade the next country on the list.