War of the gods link

Can anyone decifer the lyrics to War of the Gods? Or are they published somewhere?

By the way, the official good quality song :
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVAQQujgSxQ&feature=related[/ame]

Pre-ordered the Special Boxset, CD/DVD + Poster Flag, fucking awesome. http://www.swedenrock-online.se/bin...&product=Amon Amarth: Surtur rising&tc=SEARCH
Also bought a Surtur Rising shirt separately that I liked more than the Amon Amarth flaming sword T-shirt that came with different pre-order packages..
http://www.swedenrock-online.se/bin...&product=Amon Amarth: Surtur Rising&tc=SEARCH

Damn 2011 is gonna be an fucking EXPENSIVE year for me..already pre-ordered Amon Amarth and Children of Bodom albums, and there is A LOT of good shit coming out this year, it will possibly be the best metal year for me ever.

Is that poster flag only available on some of the pre-order packages?
I took a quick look at the North American pre-order and didn't see anything about a flag. It would be very cool if it were included in one of the North American packages.

Is that poster flag only available on some of the pre-order packages?
I took a quick look at the North American pre-order and didn't see anything about a flag. It would be very cool if it were included in one of the North American packages.

Yeah I checked as well, the only place where you seem to be able to buy that boxset is http://www.emp.de/bin/shop.php?prog...&product=Amon Amarth: Surtur rising&tc=SEARCH but this site is ONLY for germans, you can't order if you're not german.
Gonna check if you can order from Sweden Rock shop (the place I bought my boxset with the flag) outside from Sweden.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be doable..which means you only seem to be able to pre-order the flag boxset if you are from either Sweden or Germany. That sucks for North Americans..I think the difference is in North America boxsets, you get the T-shirt instead of the Flag.
I hope what I wrote made somewhat sense, if not please ask again and I'll try to clarify.

Yeah I checked as well, the only place where you seem to be able to buy that boxset is http://www.emp.de/bin/shop.php?prog...&product=Amon Amarth: Surtur rising&tc=SEARCH but this site is ONLY for germans, you can't order if you're not german.
Gonna check if you can order from Sweden Rock shop (the place I bought my boxset with the flag) outside from Sweden.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be doable..which means you only seem to be able to pre-order the flag boxset if you are from either Sweden or Germany. That sucks for North Americans..I think the difference is in North America boxsets, you get the T-shirt instead of the Flag.
I hope what I wrote made somewhat sense, if not please ask again and I'll try to clarify.
That isn't fully true. Sweden Rock shop is part of emp. They just have several sites for some European countries.
Unfortunately it is true that they don't ship outside Europe (or to some European countries for that matter)

But if you really want this pre-order and you can't find it anywhere else, you could always ask someone to buy it for you and then ship it. That is, if you trust them and they trust you. But that is always a thing.

Sorry for stupid question, but i can't find anywhere in web how much costs delivery for pre-order in Europe?

Can anyone decifer the lyrics to War of the Gods? Or are they published somewhere?

By the way, the official good quality song :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVAQQujgSxQ&feature=related

I am trying to transcribe the lyrics but it's really hard to make out many of the words.

I've at least got a good sense of what it's about.
Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mímir#cite_note-HOLLANDER8-6
and the section Heimskringla.

This more or less covers the whole song.

The spoken word part in swedish goes something like this:

Oden tog huvudet och smorde det med örter
Som hindrade det från att ruttna
Han kvad sina ???? över det så att Mimer åter kunde tala till honom

which translated means:

"Oden took the head and smeared it with herbs
which prevented it from rotting
he spoke charms over it so that Mimer could speak to him again."

As for the rest of the song I give up but I present you with what I tried to decipher so far:

War, the ...less war of our world
When the treacherous witches will??

Death, Oden... with great force
Deep into the great ....
Battle horns gave off their sound and Asgaard was razed to the ground

The father from the sea?
Hänir was a fool
Without Mimer at his side, Hänir could not rule

In a fit of violent rage, Mimers blood was shed
And to Odens court they sent, Mimers severed head

Truce, so a brittle and ... it was forged
Njordr and Freyr to Asgaard came
and Hänir went to Vanaheim

Death, see the furious ... washed in blood
and oden... the way to war
just lead the way to ...

Han kvad sina ???? över det så att Mimer åter kunde tala till honom

The father from the sea?
Hänirr was a fool

Wow, pretty good, I wouldn't have deciphered half of what you did, I'm just so bad at this...

I'd say the first verse in english would be more like :
"War, the FIRST *something* war of our world"
(which would make sense considering the myth...)

And I'd say "The father felt deceived", not "the father of the sea" (but I do understand you weren't sure about this one ;))

Let's rephrase that.
From Amon Amarth we know (roughly) the style of the album and know what to expect. That isn't a bad thing, it just shows consistency.
CoB on the other hand, has changed their style over the years and when you're a fan of the first albums, changes are that you won't fully like RRF.

But in the end you always like albums from your favourite band more. So that's why on this forum, Surtur Rising will obviously be deemed the better album.

When AYDY came out i tried to like it cause I am a fan of old cob...but when you dumb down your music to appease US fans (and don't say they didn't, i mean Alexi stole a riff from a Godsmack song for In Your Face) There is changing your style and then changing where you become so unoriginal. I will say this Blooddrunk was A HELL of a better album than AYDY. Done With Everything, Die for Nothing was probably the best song on it and reminded me of their past. But then you got gay ass titles like Smile Pretty For the Devil which I didn't think it could get worse than that. But now with RRF....Pussyfoot Miss Suicide..FTW man...maybe the only track that sound like it could be OLD bodom from the title is Cry for the Nihilist. I will still end up giving it a listen but Was It Worth It sounded horrible...

And tell me what is metal bout skateboarding?

That isn't fully true. Sweden Rock shop is part of emp. They just have several sites for some European countries.
Unfortunately it is true that they don't ship outside Europe (or to some European countries for that matter)

But if you really want this pre-order and you can't find it anywhere else, you could always ask someone to buy it for you and then ship it. That is, if you trust them and they trust you. But that is always a thing.
Oh, sorry then, my bad :p I only thought those 2 existed..I couldn't find any other equivalents of the Swedish or German sites though

Really guys, no one from Europe havent pre-ordered yet? If someone have, please tell me how much costs delivery?

On the swedish EMP I paid the equivalent of 6 euros for shipping.

Damn what a good song this is :).

I've refined my lyrics transcription into this:

War, the ****less war of our world
When the treacherous witch is killed
The three times burned, the three times born
(straight from verse 21 of Völuspa http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Poetic_Edda/Völuspá)
By fear it claims, was Gullveig torn

Death, Oden *** the spear with great force
Deep into the great ....
Battle horns gave off their sound and Asgaard was razed to the ground

The Vanir could foresee
Hänir was a fool

Truce, so a brittle and frail *** it was forged
Njordr and Freyr to Asgaard came
and Hänir went to Vanaheim

Death, see the furious ... washed in blood
and Oden knew that the way to war
would not give them any gain, but leave a black and bitter stain

Han kvad sina trollsånger över det så att Mimer åter kunde tala till honom

The Vanir could foresee
Hänir was a fool

On the swedish EMP I paid the equivalent of 6 euros for shipping.

Thanks.
Anyone knows why when i'm trying to purchase the album it shows ne this: "Information:
The minimum order value is not reached yet: EUR 25,00 (Latvia)

It's like i cant it order if i havent reached 25 EUR ? wtf? :confused:

Thanks.
Anyone knows why when i'm trying to purchase the album it shows ne this: "Information:
The minimum order value is not reached yet: EUR 25,00 (Latvia)

It's like i cant it order if i havent reached 25 EUR ? wtf? :confused:
That is correct. They don't take orders under 25 EUR (excluding the shipping costs) =/