Warrel Dane Vs. Harry Conklin.

Harry Conklin is way better. The melodies he creates, the range, power, emotion... And come on... This 'Neal' is a total asshole, look at the crap that he wrote, totally senseless.

If I'm not mistaken, (and I'm never mistaken)
the origin of the name is actually: German tank 'Jagdpanzer', no?
and they dropped the D ?
not sure, but I agree, its a dumb name.

However, in the dumb name competition, I'm not sure who would win:
Jag panzer, or Megadeth....

in the dumb name category i'd have to say Jag Panzer and Megadeth are pretty much equal considering the meanings - Jag Panzer (Jagdpanzer) is a tank with turrets removed and a heavily-armoured superstructure with a heavy gun put in its place and Megadeth (megadeath) is a term referring to one million deaths.

anyway......
i have to go with WD on this one. he looks cooler and I love the Sanctuary cover of White Rabbit.

Jean-Pierre said:
Asmodee...:lol: You've been a little faggot who takes the internet way too seriously since day one. It's almost a waste of time insulting you.

Since day one? I joined this forum before you, how could you know?

And please, stop calling me fag, it's lost all its originality. I was using this insult when I was 14.

Larf03 said:
I suppose so... unless you're french canadian then you go all "Djag Panzer rulz"!!!
Ahah... I've been pronouncing it that way for years.

Also, you say french canadian?? I always use the term Quebecer......

MetalSteph said:
Rikard vs. Van - Ooooh, really tough one. Drummers are always so cool. Hmmm. I'd have to say it's a tie. But I have known Van longer. Okay Van it is (I like his hair better).

Wow, 40% of those decisions were made based on hair.

Dane's vocals are more unique, but Conklin is definitely a better singer from a technical standpoint.

I love both bands leaning slightly more towards Nevermore because of the darkness factor combined with the sheer emotion in Dane's voice and Loomis' one of a kind solos.

However, Mark Briody of JP is quite possibly my favourite rhythm guitarist in traditional heavy metal. Broderick solos like a motherfucker. Check out ANY Panzer disc and you'll see. I love his work on Mechanized Warfare best. However, I admit Loomis has a more original style.

Back to singers, they both rank very high in my favourites list...

Dead_Lioness said:
^ hair is the basic of all girl's decisions, didn't you know that?

I'm not really surprised. I think most girls around here don't like long hair, ie: I don't get a second look. But then 90% of the guys around here look EXACTLY the same, hair, clothes, stupid douchebag attitude. You'd think girls would get sick of that, but then you'd be overestimating most women.

I've made my decision, going with harry. The guy is not flawed nor sounds off ever. He has more range,technical ability. He is more powerful a lot less forced. Warrel has some not so hot moments like 'Enemies of Reality'. He has redemmed himself with the new album though. I'd say besides the new one Warrel's best vocals in Nevermore would be Deadheart. He's still never going to top 'Into The Mirrow Black'.

Dead_Lioness said:
^ you need to move out of Madison, WI.

:D

You're telling me. Ironically the ONLY thing really keeping me here after December is my band. My job seemed great at first, but there are guitar stores everywhere that need teachers. So if this band doesn't start making shit happen I'll be looking for somewhere else to live (top 2 candidates are somewhere near Seattle or somewhere near NYC, I likes big cities). 'Cause frankly I've looked and there isn't really much for musicians here, so I'd do better starting a new band elsewhere anyway. On the other hand if the band does well I might be stuck here a while. :erk: So we'll just have to be successful enough that I can afford to live somewhere else and fly in for rehearsals and crap. :D