Warrel Dane Vs. Harry Conklin.

It's not about who can sing better...because Harry would win. But if you were to switch the singers of the bands around, I think Panzer would lose the edge they have and Nevermore would sound like one of the albums Judas Priest put out with Tim Owens (I'm not dissing him, his work with Iced Earth convinced me his range is great than Rob Halford. Just the releases with Priest lacked something, but he can't be totally blamed because he didnt write any of it). And people saying that Warrel is horrible because he's off key, is wrong. Him going in and out of key is one of the many things that makes Nevermore unique. Look at Megadeth, a lot of their songs suck because Mustaine can't sing at all, but would classics like Hangar 18 sound as original if somebody else had soung them?

Concerning the names...Jag Panzer is supposed to represent the power of the Panzer tanks, and Megadeth isnt a shit name, I think it's mis-used. It would be a lot cooler with a death metal band.

Concerning guy that said Broderick is lacking soul, then goes and says that the only reason he said that is to make Loomis feel better, your retarded.
1)If you had half the skills that Broderick has you'd be ot travelling the world as a professtional but, not bitching about him. 2)You go learn a Nevermore set in 2 days. 3) Master the guitar and violin in comparison to him. 4)Go learn all the Panzer songs he's written/re-written solos in. 5) When you've done all of those, then and only then can you comment on his abilities as a musician.
Zak

Warrel. When I heard my first Jag Panzer song I just saw them as your common better-than-average metal band, but after hearing Enemies of Reality, it was just a matter of a few weeks in which I bought the album, before Nevermore became my favourite band. A significant part of my preference was and is down to Warrel's incredible and abnormal vocals.

zak1 said:
And people saying that Warrel is horrible because he's off key, is wrong. Him going in and out of key is one of the many things that makes Nevermore unique.

I agree with you. Singing off-key and actually sound awesome is an ability which isn't given to just anybody. The only ones I can thing of are King Diamond and Warrel...

zak1 said:
Concerning guy that said Broderick is lacking soul, then goes and says that the only reason he said that is to make Loomis feel better, your retarded.
1)If you had half the skills that Broderick has you'd be ot travelling the world as a professtional but, not bitching about him. 2)You go learn a Nevermore set in 2 days. 3) Master the guitar and violin in comparison to him. 4)Go learn all the Panzer songs he's written/re-written solos in. 5) When you've done all of those, then and only then can you comment on his abilities as a musician.
Zak

Everything you said here makes sense but musical ability has nothing to do with "soul". Everybody knows I'm not a fan of Jag Panzer, but I do see how they are fuckin' competent in what they do (most of them anyways)... But their music still doesn't speak to me...

TheDreamingMind said:
This thread should've ended with the StevieHimself post. Anything post-that pales the comparison.

Your comment is most appreciated, my friend!
Thanks for sticking up for me!!

Pointless thread, so here is a pointless answer:
Having seen both bands performing live, i have to say that even though i like Nevermore more than Jag Panzer, and Warrel Dane's voice more than Tyrant's.. Conklin IS a better singer on live shows at least. I've seen J.P. performing live twice and the guy was FLAWLESS he sang every single (difficult) thing you can hear on the albums. I've seen Nevermore 8 times in my life and always W.D. was losing something (except maybe that glorious gig in 1999 - DNB tour). Also Conklin is older i think (if that matters). Also the range of Conklin's voice is still as wide as it used to be in Ample Destruction.
Also i think i have said this before but Tyrant has also the most METAL voice ever. And those who want to hear him sing in a different way must check Titan Force.