warrel's upbringing question

"Warrel was raised by a clan of druids deep in the rainforests of Washington state. In that nurturing environment, he was taught from an early age to worship trees and rocks. His interests in cooking took form as he was taught how to snare, skin, and prepare squirrel chowder. He was also taught how to tan the squirrel hides and indeed, until he reached high school age, his apparel consisted solely of clothing made of skins. No portion of the squirrels would go to waste; sausage was made with the intestines, and bowstrings from the sinews."

There, use that. you'll thank me later, when you receive your grade :lol:

Nightshade said:
I don't think so -- I think he was raised to think. ;)

Being raised christian dosent mean you never learn to think. I was raised christian, and Im not narrowminded. I know a lot of totally cool, open minded people whose parents were screw up christians. If anything, learning some of the more in depth aspects of christianity can make you question things and actually learn a lot more about life, it all depends on how you choose to interpret it.
Im not a christian nor am I saying christians are cool, I just dont really love the stereotype that if you were brought up in a religious home youll be a brainwashed goodie two shoes moron for the rest of your life.

NinjaKitten said:
Being raised christian dosent mean you never learn to think. I was raised christian, and Im not narrowminded. I know a lot of totally cool, open minded people whose parents were screw up christians. If anything, learning some of the more in depth aspects of christianity can make you question things and actually learn a lot more about life, it all depends on how you choose to interpret it.
Im not a christian nor am I saying christians are cool, I just dont really love the stereotype that if you were brought up in a religious home youll be a brainwashed goodie two shoes moron for the rest of your life.

I totally agree Amy.
same here...
Only I had two Jewish parents, one is open-minded the other one not so much...
But hey, that doesn't mean anything about *me*.

I'm not sure if his upbringing is the best way to look at the development of his lyrics. Look for influences...Leary, Toffler etc, those, i think, are probably much more important than how his parents treated him and how he was brought up.

I think there is a very tenuous link between a persons upbringing and how they turn out, so i wouldnt rely on it too heavily...the whole "he reacted against a strict christian upbringing" over simplifies things WAY too much.

but, again, i could be wrong :)

NinjaKitten said:
My parents and grandparents were strong Roman Catholics.

NinjaKitten said:
I TOTALY AGREE WITH U HERE