warrel's upbringing question

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
I BELIEVE IT'S SHEEP'S STOMACH WITH OCTOPUS NOT THE OCTOPUS' STOMACH

lining of a sheeps stomach (the membrane) filled with random bits of meat, pepper and oats and then boiled. served with neeps and tatties.

:kickass:

It's really a taste your grow up with. Most Scot's really enjoy it, but many visitors find it horrible, in particular the thick texture.

Try it, You must be able to buy haggis in the US somewhere.

Looks like this:

Haggis.jpg

^It's a bad stereotype that all British food is awful! That food is more to do with my heritage than anything else. I kinda enjoy traditional British fayre, but most folks with a bigger range of palate (especially my friends from the US - hate British food!)

But, hey...at least we're not french? :lol:

It's traditional to have that on november 5th (guy fawkes night) I made about £12 worth of potatoes into mash and cooked 50 sausages and put it into this massive dogs bed i lined with tin-foil. Party time :lol:

awesome. i just used to get it at the irish pub/restaruant thing when my dad and bro got fish n chips (they called it bangers and champ). everything else on the menu sounded about as appetizing as haggis heh.

The irish will celebrate anything. Being in Dublin for St Patricks day is one of those experiences everyone must have.