watershed cover !

Jesus, you guys are seeing everything black & white! It's not the best cover ever, but I think it is kinda cool. The face is strange, but if the face indeed is a collage of the members' faces, then I love it!

Actually if u notice.. if you look at the original Watershed artwork it just says Mikael Akerfeldt.. no A ring thing or whatever.... its probably a mistake but yeah. I just dont understand. Mike said there was supposed to be lots of symbolism and I dont really see any... :Smug:

Yeah that was what I was thinking too, but yeah probably just a mistake.

Forgot to mention that I actually do like the artwork idea, but I still hope this will be like some sort of sleave around it. That way it will keep the Opeth atmosphere that the original cover has, but with a 'special' touch.

09 on the poststamp? face of bandmembers?
well if opeth was a german band you would think theyll split up in 09...(2009), because in germany its only alowed to show peoples faces on stamps when these people are already dead! ...:OMG:

not a joke! i only had 2 minutes to look at the cover before i had to go so i couldnt ask about the number sequence but mikael said that we will be seeing more of that stamp with the googly eye and left it at that.

I'm all for change, but that fucking stamp looks just.. Plain dumb ahaha..

To be honest, whilst it'd still be a plain cover.. i'd much prefer it without that stamp.

It's kind of easy to say "I don't understand this artwork" when you haven't heard the music, and lyrics that go along with them. I'm sure this ties in with the album some how. Perhaps this guy on the stamp is the same as the man in chair in the original artwork. Who knows?

It's okay, I will just buy both versions and replace the front with my special edition cd with the original cover.

I honestly thought it was a joke when I saw the special edition cover.

WTF

jihad taliban

Haha, exactly what I thought too.

I really quite like it; at any rate a lot more than the original one, which seems kind of uninspired by comparison. This one is indeed simpler, but it seems more original. It does, however, remind me a little of Rammstein's Reise, Reise in terms of the idea - their front cover was a flight-recorder.