watershed cover !

It was definitely not what I was expecting, but everytime I look at it I like it more.. I'm extremely interested to see how this cover ties to the album. Release the fucking album already!! I can't take it!

When I first saw it I didn't like it. Then I saw the high-res image, and I saw the sheer solitude of it all...the midnight black, the light leaking onto the carpet, the empyreal yet disturbing luminescence coming from the window.

I sort of feel the same way... when I saw the low-res I just sort of felt "meh", but it got me excited for the album to come out... it's like another step has been taken in the process. But, when I saw the high-res it opened me up a little more to it. I didn't care for the font at first either, but it's growing on me.

opethwatershedcovermine.jpg

Mörkö!!

That font is cheesy and so overused. I would of done title with custom designed lettering, very much of course in the Opeth vein but not use an already over used font.

a bit too dark metal classical cover but probaby it's appropriate for the atmospheres of the album! :loco:

What maybe the reason why so many here (including me) don't like the watershed font? I think it is a great font in itself but it does not exactly fit in the context of this cover. Which is strange bc the font does have big similarities with the Opeth logo. My conclusion is, that this is exactly the problem. It is very similar, but not the same. While the watershed font uses similar elements it is more crowded, much more dense than the Opeth font. It lacks space. The whole cover has lots of space and little detail. But then there's "watershed", dense to the point of mandelbrot chaos. It just looks out of place. :(

Other than that, the cover also grows on me a little. I didn't like it at first sight, but I seem to get into it a little more everytime I look at it. And yeah, the high-res version helps alot. ;)

now wondering how bwp and ghost reveries are monochrome..

monochrome as in shades of one color ranging from darkest shade (always black) to lightest shade (always white). Watershed being monochrome with the color being a yellowish light green, GR working with a light brown tone of the red/orange variety.

BWP is even less than monochrome in a sense since it only uses grey tones.

I like this cover quite alot. I like the mysterious mood, and the minimalistic style. It's a cover like this that plays with your imagination. Like who is that person, what is he doing, where is the room and why is the man there. It's a picture that tells stories. And that's why I like it way more than for instance the first three Opeth album covers.

I agree thet the Watershed font doesn't really fit the cover. Some handwriting would have been better.

Something I noticed is that the light of the window actually looks like a waterfall in a way. And the person by the table kinda divides the light out in the room in two directions. Like streams of water. Anyone else noticed this?

That is a great cover! What is the music like? Is "earth" the title of the album or the band or both?

its the name of the band, the album has the best title ever "The Bees Made Honey in the Lions Skull", hence the picture. Not sure what this album is like but Earth are a bit bland for me, very repetitive........

But then there's "watershed", dense to the point of mandelbrot chaos.

:lol:

I think I agree. The cover art is pretty awesome, but the 'Watershed' text doesn't really seem to fit. The painting is pretty subtle and dark, while the font is quite bombastic, so to speak. I must say I'm starting to like it more then when I saw it the first time, though. A good cover in all, but not Travis' best.