watershed cover !

opethwatershedcovermine.jpg

HUFSA!! \m/

About the font.
My theory is that it is indeed the same font as the Opeth logo, however it is completely capitalised, wheras in the logo, the 'O' is capital and the other letters are lower case.

If you look at the Earth cover, see the ornaments beneath the 'E,' those ornaments can also be seen in the Opeth 'O.'

Yay/nay?

HUFSA!! m/

About the font.
My theory is that it is indeed the same font as the Opeth logo, however it is completely capitalised, wheras in the logo, the 'O' is capital and the other letters are lower case.

If you look at the Earth cover, see the ornaments beneath the 'E,' those ornaments can also be seen in the Opeth 'O.'

Yay/nay?

Nay. Opeth's logo typeface is actual hand-drawn calligraphy, not a font that you can download. Similar, though, in spirit.

Nay it is!
On first glance, it appeared that I was correct, but upon closer inspection I see there are too many discrepancies as to the shape and proportion of the letters.
Still, would have been nice to have gotten one right for once :p

Pssh. It's the internet, we're all wrong. :lol:

I do kind of hate it when a band uses a quirky-but-common font on their artwork. Oh well, as long as the music is good, the cover could be about anything at all.

Pssh. It's the internet, we're all wrong. :lol:

I do kind of hate it when a band uses a quirky-but-common font on their artwork. Oh well, as long as the music is good, the cover could be about anything at all.

Yeah, like the Abbadon font, it should be reserved for Nile, instead of being used by every shitty band out there.

Look between the guys shoulder blades you see the face? I bet there is a lot more to this cover then we can see on our computers.I think the painting is fucking sick, the colors,the shading,its bad ass great job.I just noticed another face its a profile on the left of the first face in the middle.I think his whole back is transparent and full of beasts and goblins and creepy dead folk, the guy might be a ghost or we can see inside of him and its very dark and evil.Half the back of the chair is missing.

No not that. Why do you always have to be such a fucking smart ass? People who have died for a few minutes then are brought back to life say that they saw a bright white light, then others who have died and were brought back claim to see evil haunting things.I bet this picture represents both sides of death.

Well if you think about it... One of the 'original' members left, the long time drummer left. The band now has a new guitarist and Drummer and the bass player cut his hair. Id say its the former

I agree,but the cover suggests more than that. The idea of the writer or researcher, toiling for decades on his masterpiece... I just hope Opeth aren't raising the bar too high.

Then again, I don't think Mike would ever be that explicit in his concepts. There's a lot to explore in what the cover suggests, psychological pressures involved in the process, failure or grief, or triumph in an abstract sense. The beam of light down the middle hassomethinghopeful about it.

HUFSA!! m/

About the font.

Yay/nay?

That is if we actually get the logo/album title on the cover this time around. For some reason album covers just look a little too plain without them... maybe it's just me and my pickiness. Either way, the Watershed cover just makes me excited to see what the rest of the artwork is like.

aren't you guys overanalyzing??? :p i never saw any deep symbolism in any of the album covers ... some nice references and contributions to the atmosphere of the album yes, but not filled with symbolism for sure!
this one the same, it sets an atmosphere, don't look for small details to attach meaning to!