watershed cover !

it's the time signature ... the whole album constantly shifts between the 6/8 and 6/7 metre. it's all very subtle.

This can't be real one. Just cant.

Maby its some sort of thing wich can be taken off and the real artwork is found, and it's going to be fucking awesome ofc!

Mmm, I am pretty sure of this :loco:

6/7 isn't possible.

of course it is. it is not possible to write it down because there is no symbol for a 1/7 note. but a 6/7 time signature would be played exactly like a 6/8 or a 6/13 or a 6/4. (except maybe that some would argue that 6/8 implies that the 1st and 4th note are stressed whereas 6/4 might imply that the 1st, 3rd, and 5th note are stressed.) anyway, that was the whole joke about my post. (although it probably wasn't a good one. :ill:)

of course it is. it is not possible to write it down because there is no symbol for a 1/7 note. but a 6/7 time signature would be played exactly like a 6/8 or a 6/13 or a 6/4. (except maybe that some would argue that 6/8 implies that the 1st and 4th note are stressed whereas 6/4 might imply that the 1st, 3rd, and 5th note are stressed.) anyway, that was the whole joke about my post. (although it probably wasn't a good one. :ill:)
I got into the same argument with someone when I said I wrote a song in X/5. If I recall correctly, we simply came to the conclusion that its easily possible if you just remove implied quarter notes from the equation, of course this changes the entire metering system, but who should really care. :p

I like this cover much more now. I can see what Travis was trying to do. The light coming through the window and divided by the man hunched over the desk represents the turning point of something, which is the meaning of the title. The stream of light taking a different course at the man is like the fork of a river: and I like how it's only diverted when he's at the desk thinking and working away. It makes me think of great writers or scientists in history: if they stopped or gave up, the course of history would have been unchanged. I find it empowering and positive, and it's much more poetic than just showing a river fork or something. It will be interesting to see how the lyrics develop on this theme, and the band's position on destiny, willpower, time and other things: it could really mean a lot of things. It's better than Ghost Reveries, which didn't mean a whole lot conceptually. And it's also a watershed for Opeth, who haven't really tried to say anything with their covers before, just tried to set the mood.