Watershed Lyrics From Mikael

There's a code in the booklet? I thought it was just a bunch of pictures.
And that weird man on the stamp is what all of the guys in Opeth would look like if their faces were combined. :p

In Hessian peel,after In my final Days,,,,,,,,, I'd find the Realm ----instead of------- I'd find the Rhyme>?

The Lotus Eater misconceptions by me;

"Liquid is in your throat,oh bless the light"
"A barren waste distant land"
"You're a month too close to the pyre"
"You are stuck in a something something of confusion"

Well, I'm not sure if we actually got it, but the one picture with the "main character" sitting on the table, naked and thinking, shows that there is food for two guys. In the front there is also a plate and maybe a potato. Maybe he is waiting for someone, or just misses him or her.
In one song he says, that his brother is a killer, maybe he's the missing guy.

I think that coil might be a metaphor for marriage and is actually a talk between the father and the mother, who both see that their marriage is ruined and that the father will leave them behind, which leads to the son, who after the departure of the father is the heir apparent. But I guess there's more behind it, something wicked. Maybe the reason why the father leaves.
From the line: "Your body a vehicle to house the disease" I assume, that the mother is sick or what I somehow guess pregnant. Maybe the father doesn't want to have children and leaves the familiy. The mother gets that she has just been used all the time, maybe just fucked or even got raped. And in her womb there is the new heir apparent. A line of "The Funeral Portrait" comes in my mind saying :"you are just like them all, stained by the name of fathers". The father does not love the son at all and that might be the conflict of it all. That leads to some kind of catastroph. The Lotus Eater then is the father, liquid might be alcohol. The Birth of a follower is mentioned and might refer to the son is not beloved at all. I don't know who the friend...
All this is just an idea...

BTW: Lotus-eater means something like daydreamer or a man, woh does nothing at all and just enjoys living.

I found this on you-tube and could not stop laughing :lol:. It is (badly) deciphered lyrics to Heir Apparent. The makers creds are at the end of the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
BwA Ethereal,

If you would've actually taken the time to read this thread, you should've noticed that people already have found the correct lyrics, thanks to the code.

BwA Ethereal,

If you would've actually taken the time to read this thread, you should've noticed that people already have found the correct lyrics, thanks to the code.
Can't I join one damn forum without someone feeling the need to point out that if I don't read ever damn post that I'm breaking some unspeakable fukin law becasue I was late with the info or I repeated it! Did you really need to inform me of that? Do you feel good about yourself now? Have anything better to do? DAMN! Doesn't take long for some people to identify themselves does it. I have been a member of this forum for less than a week...way to make a guy feel welcome even though you are newer than me!