Watershed story

Jun 1, 2008
Ok here it is, can someone help me with
A) the lyrics for watershed, ive seen dozens of versions of coil its just not funny anymore!!
B)the overall story of watershed

i feel left in the dark because i cannot figure anything out, also i dont know how the clip ties into anything.

I don't know, and I'm simply too lazy to try and read into the story about the music... if it's good to me, then I don't really worry about a story behind it. the last time I ever tried to get into the story of an album it was Use Your Illusion I & II by Guns N' Roses... and I've just simply left stories alone since..

lol i just think it will put the album into some sort of perspective and give the songs more meaning but the lyrics are so hard to find (or at least right ones), and im a bit slow so someone explaining it would be good.

First of all there are no official lyrics posted because all the lyrics are personal to Mikael so he kind of wanted to keep them to himself, so the only lyrics you're going to get are ones that people precieve them to be.

Second of all there is no concept to Watershed. There are concepts to MAYH, SL, and GR.

hope this helps. :)

In that case I could not venture a clue since I've never read any of the lyrics.

I always thought that Coil was about Mikale leaving to go on tour and leaving his family behind and how it makes him sad because he gone from his family so long. The first half being Mikaels perspective, and the second half (Nathalie's singing) is his wife's perspective.

I always thought that Coil was about Mikale leaving to go on tour and leaving his family behind and how it makes him sad because he gone from his family so long. The first half being Mikaels perspective, and the second half (Nathalie's singing) is his wife's perspective.

Interesting! I've always tried to put that song into the context of a storyline, as in a fictional man and woman who separate from each other. But your interpretation makes a lot of sense.

I get somewhat of a funeral vibe, with the artwork and all. Some of the songs have aspects in them to, such as The Lotus Eater (ending), and maybe even Coil, as death is a seperation. The church organ at the end of the album (Hex Omega ending) also gives me a similar vibe. but that's just me. I think, really, the artwork sets it off for me.

First of all there are no official lyrics posted because all the lyrics are personal to Mikael so he kind of wanted to keep them to himself, so the only lyrics you're going to get are ones that people precieve them to be.

The lyrics are coded in the back of the booklet of Watershed. The only reason why there's no official lyrics posted is because Mikael hasn't posted them in plain English, line by line. There's only one or two lines missing of any of the lyrics, otherwise everything else has been deciphered and posted myriads of times.

Maybe Watershed is related to Ghost Reveries,Because in the video clip there is a man choking an older woman(Ghost Reveries,man killing his mom?).In Hessian Peel,there are lyrics that go like this:''Will the children cry,when their mother die?''.What do you think?

The lyrics are coded in the back of the booklet of Watershed. The only reason why there's no official lyrics posted is because Mikael hasn't posted them in plain English, line by line. There's only one or two lines missing of any of the lyrics, otherwise everything else has been deciphered and posted myriads of times.

Say, where are the translations of the symbols?