wave your hand in the air if you just don't care about breakdowns

I just find it all a bit ridiculous is all .. I mean, I think just about every opinion and angle on this has been expressed and served and yet somehow its still going

are "breakdowns" really that important to everyone?

i really like this topic.
nice to see some people still have taste in good breakdowns.

the most intelligent breakdowns are these were the singers go "breakdown!!" before it...in case you'll miss it, ay?

~3:43

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god Psyopus - I'd much rather shove screwdrivers into my eardrums for the next thousand years than listen to 20 seconds of them ever ever again.

the most intelligent breakdowns are these were the singers go "breakdown!!" before it...in case you'll miss it, ay?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wb5vVgZkLA
~3:43

I literally laughed out loud the first time I heard that. But since then I heard it in a few other songs. I want to say... Caliban? Not sure. Anyway, can't fault them for honesty I guess.

In general, I think I can sum up what I think about the subject as I like good music and I don't like bad music, and breakdowns live in both catagories, so I can't blame breakdowns. I don't mind a good chugga chugga now and then.

I didn't think about it until a friend of mine pointed it out, but this song has a fucking sweet slow riff that I guess you could call a breakdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIuct23JLLE

around 1.38

EDIT: God damn, I had forgotten what a fucking orgasm this song is. :headbang:

Nah, I wouldn't call that a breakdown, mainly since the tempo doesn't change and it flows so well - I'd just call that an awesome fucking groove :headbang:

Even though the vocals are borderline tolerable, I kinda like Psyopus. I think they're way less irritating and "nerving", than... let's say Arsis.
'

Breakdowns just suck when they drastically change the tempo of the song. Write another damn song to fit it in ffs.

I say a good song is a good song, breakdown or no breakdown.

Oh god Psyopus - I'd much rather shove screwdrivers into my eardrums for the next thousand years than listen to 20 seconds of them ever ever again.

exactly why i love them. spastic abrasive noise that hurts to listen to. :D

and ryan: i raise you 1:52 in this track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOQuX7pCiPo#movie_player
i know i tout this one in any topic involving a discussion about breakdowns, but it truly is one of the finest breakdowns ever written.

Death metal bands have the worst breakdowns

dm breakdowns suck

True bro, true!!!!!!!!

DM breakdowns are soooo fake!!!!!

I love breakdonws within newschool, oldschool, NEW YORK HARDCORE

But the band fucking must live for this, and are NOT ALLOWED to use them to get some scene fuckers on their train.

Good breakdowns:

breakdowns are great if they push you that hard, that you want to smash someones face.
Because smashing someones face isnt cool, you kick and punch in the air

And the best german HARD hardcore band IMO

Last edited by a moderator: