Waves release "One Knob" Plug-in Series

So am I not allowed to use an LA2A because it only has one real control? The reason a lot of famous gear is popular is because it's simple to use... Obviously this is a little extreme but you can't tell me I'm not allowed to use the EQ on my amp because there's no frequency and Q control for each band.

Its more the way that's marketed that's getting to me, I've got no problem with the one control thing. It's basically just the cla artist series concept taken further. Those plugs have their use though there's nothing wrong with them.

people rip these for no reason. i picked them up last week pretty cheap and they sound great considering you don't have any control over them besides mix level. i guess thats what people don't like about them but like someone else said the best gear is often the simplest to use.

But I mean...if someone need a plugin like that, it's not a pro for sure in my opinion.
What I think it's that all these company like waves or toontrack started to develop this kind of plugin...one knob, presets, ezmix, bla bla bla...everything done by a plugin. But is it the right direction? If a guy wanna do a mix only with presets without learning anything, first, he doesn't buy these plugins but at 90% he will use a cracked version and second, they will start to make mixes for free or charging nothing, only loading some presets.
I mean, which is the positive thing doing plugins that do everything without tweak?

But I mean...if someone need a plugin like that, it's not a pro for sure in my opinion.
What I think it's that all these company like waves or toontrack started to develop this kind of plugin...one knob, presets, ezmix, bla bla bla...everything done by a plugin. But is it the right direction? If a guy wanna do a mix only with presets without learning anything, first, he doesn't buy these plugins but at 90% he will use a cracked version and second, they will start to make mixes for free or charging nothing, only loading some presets.
I mean, which is the positive thing doing plugins that do everything without tweak?

To play the devil's advocate, why would it be more pro to do a complicated way something that, in a well made audio world, can be easy ? What if 50 years ago, to adjust the volume, you had to chain complicated gear. Would it be "not pro" just adjusting a fader for the same task today ?

I get what you mean, but on the pure technical aspect of these plugins, I don't see the problem. If some of them sound great, I'll buy them. As Jeff said, thinking about the automation simplicity they offer is great, it may be nothing but not having to browse through different automatable parameters when you wanna automate is a satisfactory thing.

BTW, I'm thinking of those who mix with control surfaces. Having only one parameter to show would make them being handy on their control surface digit screens or stuff like that.