We Are The Void

XxSNAPxX

[HYDRAKUS]
Jan 29, 2008
ew album out early next year!
Time to let you in on the plans for our upcoming ninth (or tenth, depending on how you count) full-length album. The as-yet-untitled beast will be recorded in September and October and released in early 2010 through Century media records.

We'll keep the recording setup completely in-house this time. Drums will be tracked in Daniel Antonsson's studio, while the remaining instruments will be immortalized in Martin Brändström's newly renovated Rogue music facilities. The mixing duties will once again be handled by Tue Madsen in his Antfarm studio in Denmark.

As for the music itself, it's a bit too early to delve into details, but the material feels diverse and fresh and covers all the facets of the D.T. sound. Those who are familiar with our songwriting process know that we always keep re-arranging and experimenting with the material until the recording starts, and while we currently have the basic foundations for around 10 songs, many things are still open.

Some tentative song titles are "I am the void", "Zero distance", "the burden of love alive", "Archangelsk" and "Memories in reverse", though these are subject to change as usual.

from thier myspace....

Excellent news, I can't wait!!!

I really like the names of the tracks too, cheers and support from Costa Rica!

@ Zach:So are you studying Spanish? You missed the first exclamation signs (¡¡!!).

@ Matse: And you were complaining that we didn't have any new topics…, well here you are! :)

Excellent news, I can't wait!!!

I really like the names of the tracks too, cheers and support from Costa Rica!

@ Zach:So are you studying Spanish? You missed the first exclamation signs (¡¡!!).

Nope. I thought "Viva" means "Great ! DT, we love you !" ...... Right ? :rolleyes:

I dont know how to use other languges' punctuations. :Smug: And I typed two "!", just like you typed three "!" ;)

I am also really looking forward to that, since the some titles seem to sound very special to me, and cover a very interresting side of thinking as usual .

News sound great.
"I am the Void" reminds me of "If there were two omniscients, he would be both of them" (I am not telling the source, if you don't know him, you are not worthy). The title sounds good though as do the others, although "The burden of love alive" does sound a bit gay. Gay would fit the forum here though so maybe they wrote it for us.

@ Defiance: There can never be enough topics. The number will go up though anyways the closer we get to the new album.

News sound great.
"I am the Void" reminds me of "If there were two omniscients, he would be both of them" (I am not telling the source, if you don't know him, you are not worthy).

Ziltoid the omniscient :worship:

great news! Can't wait to listen to the new album :kickass:

Nope. I thought "Viva" means "Great ! DT, we love you !" ...... Right ? :rolleyes:

I dont know how to use other languges' punctuations. :Smug: And I typed two "!", just like you typed three "!" ;)

Yes it means "great", but it's Spanish so you should have ¡ and then ! . I I typed three but that's English so it's OK. Anyhow :p .

News sound great.
"I am the Void" reminds me of "If there were two omniscients, he would be both of them" (I am not telling the source, if you don't know him, you are not worthy). The title sounds good though as do the others, although "The burden of love alive" does sound a bit gay. Gay would fit the forum here though so maybe they wrote it for us.

@ Defiance: There can never be enough topics. The number will go up though anyways the closer we get to the new album.

"Greetings humans, I am Ziltoid the Omniscient. You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee… black! You have f i v e E a r t h m i n u t e s… make it perfect"!

The new one is simply excellent.

Actually, I don't think "The Burden of Love Alive" sounds gay.

True, true we'll have more topics soon enough.

"The Burden of Love Alive" sounds emo, but I think we should probably stop to consider that any use of the word "love" in a song title will always reflect the current trend of popular songs using and abusing the word. It shouldn't be banished for that reason.

The new one is simply excellent.

Not to get too far off topic, but Devin Townsend is fucking great. His solo stuff is really, really good and much much much much better than Strapping Young Lad. I would die if I ever had a chance to see him play Ocean Machine live - one of my favorite albums of all time, easy.

Also, working titles are just that. Building on that though, it wouldn't have been so bad to see Insignificunt on the back cover of Fiction.

Not to get too far off topic, but Devin Townsend is fucking great. His solo stuff is really, really good and much much much much better than Strapping Young Lad. I would die if I ever had a chance to see him play Ocean Machine live - one of my favorite albums of all time, easy.

Also, working titles are just that. Building on that though, it wouldn't have been so bad to see Insignificunt on the back cover of Fiction.

Yes, Devin is great, I would kill to see him live, it doesn't matter what he's playing. But he doesn't do concerts anymore because he has a son, and I see a lot of that in the new album. And he is indeed much better with DT or DTB than with SYL.

I sometimes think Mikael says "insignificUnt" instead of "insignificAnt" around 2:10 in The Lesser Faith :p .

:err:

One day you're gonna tell me how emo is more racist than gay, but I'll make sure we're not alone in a locked room, in case one of us suddenly turns... emo.

Ah hahahaha :lol: .

Yes, Devin is great, I would kill to see him live, it doesn't matter what he's playing. But he doesn't do concerts anymore because he has a son, and I see a lot of that in the new album. And he is indeed much better with DT or DTB than with SYL.

I sometimes think Mikael says "insignificUnt" instead of "insignificAnt" around 2:10 in The Lesser Faith :p .

Yeah Devy has grown up a lot, and I love that as a fan of his solo stuff (sounds like you're the same) but I'm sure that alienates SYL fans only. That being said, I gotta respect the man a ton - he cleaned up, is a good dad apparently, and is still making kickass music sober. I wish I could have seen him when he toured too, regardless of band (even SYL has some good songs, just not nearly as many).

Also, kinda sounded like -cunt especially when I heard the song live a couple years ago. Positive its intentional, just dunno if he would ever admit to it. :p

Yeah Devy has grown up a lot, and I love that as a fan of his solo stuff (sounds like you're the same) but I'm sure that alienates SYL fans only. That being said, I gotta respect the man a ton - he cleaned up, is a good dad apparently, and is still making kickass music sober. I wish I could have seen him when he toured too, regardless of band (even SYL has some good songs, just not nearly as many).

Also, kinda sounded like -cunt especially when I heard the song live a couple years ago. Positive its intentional, just dunno if he would ever admit to it. :p

SYL is quite good, but not as good as Devin solo, definitely :D .

Haha if I interview him I'll ask him that and get an answer :p .

@ Defiance / DisplayofCharacter what does Devin Townsend have to do with the new Dark Tranquillity album???
I know its difficult to understand about staying on topic, please try, thank you
Here's a thread on this very forum for this sort of shit ^ ^^ ^^^ ^^^^^

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/dark-tranquillity/23045-check-out-band-want-spread-word-post.html

What, you don't know?!?!?!? Mikael is one-quarter Canadian, and he's actually part of Devin's family. They often visit each other for Christmas, and last time Mikael got the new Rush live CD.

DT plus Tue equals - hell :devil:
Archangelsk is a city in Northern Europe part of Russia

That's very interesting, I didn't know that! Now the title is even more mysterious. I wonder if they'll write it in Cyrillic (Архангельск) or in Roman Alphabet (Archangelsk). I think that having the former would be wonderful :dopey: . Please write it in Cyrillic!