We got our first Mac! (tips plz)

does your mac boot with superspeed or something dude, i got like 30 icons on my dekstop...a few things that go with startup...and the only thing that isnt indexed is my pro tools stuff on my external and mine boots up pretty damn fast

Oh I see. Yeah, when my boot time goes from 19 secs to 30 secs. I freak out and grab a crack pipe. (Of course I have to make one because I don't own a crack pipe) The suspense drives me insane. Usually by the time I'm done making a crack pipe the Mac is booted so I don't end up smoking the crack that's not in there. :loco:

Just messing with you. ;) I'll keep them in there anyways. Boots fast enough for me.

does your mac boot with superspeed or something dude, i got like 30 icons on my dekstop...a few things that go with startup...and the only thing that isnt indexed is my pro tools stuff on my external and mine boots up pretty damn fast

Compared to when I got it spanking new, I do notice it being slower cos its filled with additional drives and all PCI slots filled. So I gotta do all that silly shit just to make things feel snappier.

Audio data is never journaled or indexed.

Ooh, one thing that would really help is to change those little luminescent blue ovals that show up under programs on the dock when they're open, as I find them hard to spot at quick glance (especially with that reflective effect on the dock bottom) - how do?

Marcus, it's called Super Duper, as i said a few post before eheheh It's a stupid name, but it got quite a few more options than Time Machine (which has none btw, it's something like backup or don't backup :lol:).

Marcus, the backup app is super duper, btw.

OH, so you meant that was the name of the program! For future reference, first-letter capitalization and/or quotes usually help ;) (especially because super duper is an actual expression, albeit a massively retarded one :lol: )

Ooh, one thing that would really help is to change those little luminescent blue ovals that show up under programs on the dock when they're open, as I find them hard to spot at quick glance (especially with that reflective effect on the dock bottom) - how do?

In Onyx im pretty sure there is an option to change those dots to "arrows" or something.

you can also change the dock to a less-gay 2D version too, makes it much easier to look at.

Edit:

Like this
MyDesk01.jpg

And Marcus, feel free to add me on msn, i'll explain how to do all this configuration shit

Exposé will be your best friend

Check out http://www.freemacware.com/ for some cool freeware apps

Hold down shift & Alt while turning up or down the volume with the volume keys to increase or decrease in 1/4's

Plug it into a HDTV and see how quick it works... unlike fucking windows machines

Search for Audio MIDI setup and play around in it with devices plugged in

Use the Mail App - its wonderful

Download MSN Messenger for Mac - although it has no webcam support its advert free and looks nifty!

Download Skype for Mac - Its a lot sexier then the windows version

Get cracking on Logic Studio ASAP

EDIT: to change the dock looks like the little blue dots under running apps etc find the dock application, right click, go to show package contents and find the .png's. If you remove the Dock's background you can get yourself a transparent floating dock which looks pretty cool

In Onyx im pretty sure there is an option to change those dots to "arrows" or something.

you can also change the dock to a less-gay 2D version too, makes it much easier to look at.

Edit:

Like this
MyDesk01.jpg

And Marcus, feel free to add me on msn, i'll explain how to do all this configuration shit

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THAT IS SO MUCH BETTER :headbang::headbang::headbang: And I haven't been on MSN much recently, but I'll def. add you dude :kickass: