We Love to look forward...who do you want to see in the promo video for next year?

Straight Line Stitch is no more "metalcore" than bands like Primal Fear imo. They also never seem to tour south of the Mason Dixon line...meaning Florida shows are out...and it is not all vox. I should probably should have posted sone of the non-vox material. They remind me of The Agonist...and since we get Overkill in 2014 nobody could say SLS is too far outside of our "mainstream"
Still think they would be great openers.

Pipe-Dream list
Galneryus
X Japan
Brother Firetribe

Special set list
Angra (doing Rebirth)
Jag Panzer (doing Ample Destruction)
Metal Church (doing Metal Church)

-Not really Prog nor Power, but Swallow the Sun. Not sure how well that would go over.
I love StS, but I think they've done way too many US tours and aren't a big enough draw to be a good fit as a stretch/oddball band.

Somewhat in that vein, Ne Obliviscaris and Be'Lakor would both be awesome, but the expense of getting them here from Australia might be too much for a lower tier oddball band.

Aside from them, some realistic wishes, some not so much:
RETURNING
Threshold
Nocturnal Rites (with a new album out, hopefully...?)
Blind Guardian
Edguy - specifically playing a 'classic' type set and/or "Mandrake" or "Hellfire Club" in their entirety
Nightingale

NEW
Falconer
Vintersorg
Arch/Matheos
Anubis Gate
Sons of Seasons
Pharaoh
Persuader
Mekong Delta

Personally, I'd love to see more full-album sets. Not just because I enjoy them personally. Also, the first few years of the fest had a certain level of exclusivity just by featuring bands that rarely or never played North America. Since prog and power metal tours have become more common since then (to some degree because of ProgPower), there's not as much exclusivity in that anymore. But full-album sets are something a band can't necessarily do on a tour, and also appeal more to the kind of die-hard fan who is more likely to travel to attend a fest.

Personally, I'd love to see more full-album sets. Not just because I enjoy them personally. Also, the first few years of the fest had a certain level of exclusivity just by featuring bands that rarely or never played North America. Since prog and power metal tours have become more common since then (to some degree because of ProgPower), there's not as much exclusivity in that anymore. But full-album sets are something a band can't necessarily do on a tour, and also appeal more to the kind of die-hard fan who is more likely to travel to attend a fest.

Plus, if you aren't familiar with a band, or their music is less accessible, it's much easier to become familiar with them and enjoy their set, rather than having to learn a bunch of albums or try to extrapolate a likely setlist from their last several years of performances from setlist.fm. :)

Diablo Swing Orchestra and Voyager are my top two.

For a second there, I thought this thread was for next year's theme. I was going to suggest: the Civil War (Prog v.s. Power) or the Revolutionary War (Haken representing The UK ;))