Weird noise problem (saffire pro 40)

chdrummer

Oct 24, 2007
A weird crackling noise just started out of nowhere. Ive had the same setup for 2 years now and have never heard until now. When im running anything with phantom power(condensers, di box) it makes a weird cracking sound. Ive swapped out every cable in the chain with new ones so I know its not that. I noticed it a lot when im using my axe fx II when im using the di box(little labs redeye 3d).

It happens sporadically. It normally wont happen til I have it on for about 30 minutes. Im thinking its the interface but any suggestions to troubleshoot this?

Does the problem go away when you reboot the device?

Try updating your software and firmware of the Pro 40. I heartily recommend contacting Focusrite support as well, their support is probably the best I've dealt with in this business.

Does the problem go away when you reboot the device?

Try updating your software and firmware of the Pro 40. I heartily recommend contacting Focusrite support as well, their support is probably the best I've dealt with in this business.

It's all up to date. I've emailed them and he messaged me back once buts its a few days with no response. Normally if I restart everything it will go away temporarily

Now that I think about it, I think I used to have this problem.

Are you using a Mac?

They're also probably going to ask you to remove all trace of MixControl and reinstall it. Try finding instructions for it from the Focusrite website as there are some files that are hard to find yourself

Now that I think about it, I think I used to have this problem.

Are you using a Mac?

They're also probably going to ask you to remove all trace of MixControl and reinstall it. Try finding instructions for it from the Focusrite website as there are some files that are hard to find yourself

no I'm using windows. He emailed me back finally and said to send it in for repairs

I heartily recommend contacting Focusrite support as well, their support is probably the best I've dealt with in this business.

Hi ChDrummer and Sopurlun,

Thanks for the thread and kind words.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again, should you be in need of support for your Focusrite unit.

With kind regards,

Marcel // Focusrite Novation Support

Well shit. I bought a brand new interface and the same problem is happening. So weird. Maybe it could be my firewire chipset? never had any problems with it though when I first bought the computer.