Weird stories...

Fortune cookies are ruled by the zen, that dwells deep within, where the truth is asleep and waiting for the mind to be enlightened, for the light to be poured into our lives. So, cookies are just means to find out what lies beneath, a folded message meant to reveal the way, often poetic as if the zen itself brings the words as a loquacious doctrine made of peaceful magnificence.

Like the tall and steady bushes in a zen garden, keeping the message, motionless and forgetful themselves, like being indifferent to time, no past, no future in them. Remaining just alive, to bring the pleasant vision of a garden in equilibrium, perfection in aesthetics.

A cookie is a way, a way towards our fortune, a way for our destiny, a warder for our fate, a little file placed silently in our hard disk for a web site to request information out of it. None can guess what o who is behind a fortune cookie, none but the owner of the chinese restaurant you're eating at.

|ngenius (|n... sane)

What is an absurd story before being told? Just a bunch of unconnected thoughts, ideas floating loosely around, hitting the walls of the mind in search of a fortune cookie to reveal their way out. Bitter is their existence before being written down in words, getting shaped by linking word by word and becoming real. That is their journey: from the depths of your imagination to a sequence of real and readable words that makes them finally exist!!! The journey to the existence.

So, we can conclude that an absurd story is jailed in some sort of imaginary prison before being told, and it is our mission to free them from the hands of the undertaker of stories, the death of absurdity, the grave digger of this thread. Save them, free them, for God's sake!!!

|ngenius (Yes, I like this thread)

Just like Towelie; I have no idea what's going on. I am an American, theerefore I am too lazy to read anything. Yes, I know that's quite a stereotype, but meh I fit that stereotype.

Anyways I'll try and do this right, hopefully my complete stupidity doesn't screw this perfectly fine thread up.

But does God want them to be saved? If in due course the world abruptly ends, shall we still gaze out into the endless sea? What does "the end" actually mean? Does it mean the end to mankind? Does it mean the end to life on Earth in general? We shall never know, or will we? That is an atheist belief, or is it? Do you know even if you think you "know"? It's like King Arthur's greatest battle; Mons Badonicus or Badon Hill; or is it? (Sorry, I have to do this everytime I write a story; or do I?)

Did Mons Badonicus ever take place? Well, won't time release this great frontier of ignorance? Was King Arthur even the Bretwalda (King of all Briton (or Britain))? Was King Arthur fact or fiction? Is the movie of King Arthur going to be a box office smash or a box office flop? All these random questions, do you behold the answers? Do you have the knowledge to all these questions?

I'll stop now, after I have proven my extreme stupidity and lack of talent of story-telling. NOW ANSWER EVERY SINGLE QUESTION!!!!!!!! (Just kidding. Actually, that can be answered all in a simple yes or no answer.):Spin:

Thank you very much |ngy! That wasn't too much to read for my American habits.

Where is everyone? Fathervic needs to come back, and you need to come back full-time |ngy. I mean the Detroit Pistons just won the NBA championships, celebrate by coming back. Does my propoganda not work for you? Come on Melancholia, drink some more of your favorite coffee and post your dear heart out.:loco:And to you guys Useless and Khristoff, we need your fame to keep us going!:cool: Blue Moon needs to show up to. We need a posting party here one of these days.:p

I close this reply by saying; GO PISTONS!

It was Pistons vs. Lakers, am I right? Congrats, theredin, I'm glad your team (or the team you preferred) won the match.

About the rest of the "Asgaroth Board Crew", they are living their real life (because there is a real life... somewhere... outside... I just have to find the way out and I'll be there too!!!). So, it's not gonna be me who blame them for that, as Robert Redford said once: real life is way better than this ficticious one. But who knows? Absurd stories comes from everywhere, and it could turn out that we're surrounded of people dying by their eagerness to join us. Let's cross our fingers, if Detroit did it... we can do it too!!!

|ng (Who never was in Detroit)

Yup, it was the Detroit Pistons vs. Los Angeles Lakers. I live in the suburbs of Detroit, basketball is my favorite sport, and the Pistons are my favorite sports team. This is considered one of the biggest upsets in NBA finals history. People were saying all over the nation that L.A. was going to sweep the Pistons, but it was almost the exact opposite. We should've swept L.A., but in game 2 L.A. was lucky and came back to win Detroit in overtime. I am also happy that (at least my dad said) Larry Brown (coach of the Detroit Pistons) was named coach of the USA Basketball "Dream Team" for the 2004 Olympics. After all he did beat the mastermind (prior to losing to Detroit, Phil Jackson; coach oif the Lakers, was undefeated in the finals 9-0. He's the one who coached Michael Jordan and Scotty Pippen in Chicago when they dominated the '90's.)

O.k. to get back on topic: (here's the shortest story to date!)

If your life was worth ten cents, what would you spend it on if you sold your soul? Not much right? Wrong! You can be someone's bitch. You can also have everlasting depression. You can be tortured by your horrible mistake for eternity. Who wouldn't want that? After all we do live in a masochistic world (sort of).

P.S. I know why everyone's gone. They are glued to their television sets watching Euro 2004! Good luck with your team (if you like football (soccer in American)) |ngy! Now that NBA finals are over, I can watch Euro 2004. When England doesn't riot, you know you have a special playoffs!

Well, regarding the soccer thing, we're not so much into the Eurocup 2004, really. But the rest of the country seems so, because everybody is absolutely crazy about it: my brother is watching almost every match, every news bulletin, everything!!! :yuk:

But if you wanna know the truth, FatherVic and I are mad at Melancholia because Greece and Spain are playing in the same group, and they are comfronting each other in about an hour. We are enemies now. :p

We'll be back with more absurdity... don't worry, |ngenius will be the last one leaving this little boat!!!

|ng.

September rain is falling, and I see you on the street, just passing by. And though your lips are smiling, I can see the coldness in your eyes. You only talk to meeeee, when it cuts like a knifeeee... who do you think you're foolin'? Not me...

Talk. Just a little talk, a friendly chat, something communicative, which could lead people to understand each other. Chained sentences meant to council crystal clear feelings, it seems fair enough, right? But words are hard to summon, and often seemingly bound to fail, regardless their real purpose. So people don't even bother to give it a try, to express themselves as if the words could get shaped in something else than mere conformity and get back as the expected results, eventually.

So... what do you think... theredin? ;)

|ng (Come on, it's our duty to keep this board alive!!)

Dang man. That's pretty good. Actually nevermind, that was amazing! You beat me that's for sure.:cool:I'm not very good at writing poetry, but it does relieve pressure from time to time. It's always good if you have something on your mind that you want to let out. Well, I'll follow your lead except your last post far exceeds anything I can write. Here's something I wrote a long time ago.

(It's in song form, but it's meant to be poetry. These sentences are just random sentences, so there's no usage of complex pentameters here. It's just an uncontrolled mess of sentences.)

Desperation; in strife thou conquered all.
In their world, once more it shall fall.
Down to ashes along with their last rites.

Battle maidens arrive at their destination to carry my fallen body.
With haste I extend my arm out.
Because I long for the Golden Hall.

I have done my duty.
Withstanding this dire crucible.
Forgetting about life's impurity.
As a lone soul, as a mortal soul.

Berserksgangr, I sacrifice thee for glory.
I shall not subdue my might.
Berserksgangr, my glory awaits at the golden gates.
Opening to a mystical light.
The ride of the Valkyries lead me towards Valhalla.

Violas playing a strong echo throughout the golden heavens far above this reality.
The one eyed god greets me with the incomparable wisdom of his steel heart.

(Enchanting mortal souls; fought for glory and pillage.
Only to fall to the alliances within Christendom.)

It's not very good, but since this is a random thoughts thread, I geuss this was the best place to put it.

Theredintheskyisours said:
Dang man. That's pretty good. Actually nevermind, that was amazing! You beat me that's for sure.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. But thanks, that cheered me up!! :hotjump:

The first paragraph is an excerpt of a song my winamp was playing and I rambled from that on, that's all. A good absurd story might appear from the unexpected, one never knows...

As for your not-a-song-necessarily, very good!!! Have you ever thought of giving some ideas to Joey DeMaio? :p You said you weren't that skilled, but it was... epically nice. :)

|ng.

"You are too nice" she said to him. And then she left.
What does "too nice" mean? Is there even such a thing?
Or is it just a random put of words, that seems to work in letting people down?
Is it a pillow for the rejected to lie on? Or just a softer rock to crash their heads upon?
With these thoughts he kept sleeping in for days, until he clearly saw this could no longer be the way to lead his life.
And so he got out of bed one starry summer night, carrying a light on one hand and in the other held a knife.

You touch me in a way that words cannot explain, but feels more than real. I'm on fire tonight, yesterday lies in the flames...

One could believe this is a place where untrained people try to communicate nothing, where some people have fun just pretending they write something meaningful and funny at the time. Well, it is not. This is a place where ordinary people demonstrates how they can come up with the same dreadful and boring stuff that people like Dean R. Koontz sell worldwide. When I say boring, I refer to my own writtings, mainly. Thanks for listening.

|ng (Who never abandoned this place, the corner of weird stories...)

DJ told me all the cool people off the DT board have taken refuge here, so i'll stop by and say hello :wave:

/ex-VC

Well, since my... "state of coolness" is increasingly diminsihing, I guess you're talking about some other refugees taking shelter inadvertantly over here. :err: Good to see you, VC, how come you've changed your nickname? What are you hidding from? :confused:

|ngenius (Himself aaaaall the day long)

You'll always be cool to me! :D
And he's hiding from were-bears! Were-bears so hideous, that they are twelve feet tall, with 12 razor sharp claws, each more poisoned than the last. And when it roars, it makes not a sound, but the voice of the most terrible banshee screaming 'All this for 12 dollars? You gotta be freakin' kidding meeeeeeeee!'

I'd change my name too. :cry: