Weird whistle in Time??

NielsK

Jul 23, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
www.nielsk.dk
This is one of those geekier questions and I have posted this before, but I'd like some more opinions on this:

What is up with that sound at 3:38 in "Time". Sounds like someone is whistling or something.

Always found it to be quite spooky actually, because it stands out - totally out of context.

Anyone but me noticed this? Anyone know the story behind this?

/NielsK
www.nielsk.dk

I remember someone mentioning this before. I think TD said it sounds like Super Mario jumping.
I swear my copy of POT doesn't have that whistle you guys talked about though. I cant hear it.

ThraxDude said:
I remember someone mentioning this before. I think TD said it sounds like Super Mario jumping.
I swear my copy of POT doesn't have that whistle you guys talked about though. I cant hear it.

Me too man. I listened to the song after I read this thread, and I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary at all at the 3:38 mark, or at any other point in the song

ThraxDude said:
A few people said they did hear it. And we didn't. Weird.

It is pretty weird. Maybe a cetain amount of cd's that were made have a glitch? Also, I was listening to it on my computer. Maybe it's more noticeable w/ headphones?

My CD has this as well. I can rip that song and post it for you guys to hear if that's allowed. Or just a 30 second clip if that would be preferable and giving it a little enhancement so you'd be sure to hear it. I don't want to step on anyone's toes by posting something that i shouldn't.

Can't hear it but you are right - that song is just the BEST! My all time fav Anthrax song ... and now Scott said they are gonna play it live too here in Australia :D

Awesome!

Carbonized said:
My CD has this as well. I can rip that song and post it for you guys to hear if that's allowed. Or just a 30 second clip if that would be preferable and giving it a little enhancement so you'd be sure to hear it. I don't want to step on anyone's toes by posting something that i shouldn't.
I'm curious to hear it. I've worked for the band for a couple years now, and I say you can post a 30 second clip including the "whistle" of Time.
I'll take all the blame. I'd post it myself, but like I said, I can't hear it on my P.O.T. CD.
So, Carbonized, if you still want to post 30 seconds of Time including the whistle, go for it!

It's there. However, I can't post it, because I threw all of my Blowey Primadonna era discs in the woodburning stove.

ThraxDude said:
I'm curious to hear it. I've worked for the band for a couple years now, and I say you can post a 30 second clip including the "whistle" of Time.
I'll take all the blame. I'd post it myself, but like I said, I can't hear it on my P.O.T. CD.
So, Carbonized, if you still want to post 30 seconds of Time including the whistle, go for it!

I'm curious to hear it too.

ThraxDude said:

Here you go, it's about 5 seconds in :D
Left click and it will open a new window then you can d/l from there.
Click me

anytime :D like someone had said before, it really does remind me of the sound of Mario jumping in the Mario Bros. games hah.

DarbysDad said:
Saw them open with Time twice :hotjump: :hotjump:

:headbang: I sorta saw them open with Time once. The first time I saw Anthrax was when they played with Public Enemy back in '91, and as you probably know, they opened with the intro of Time and they broke into N.F.L. :headbang: I would LOVE Anthrax to open a concert I was at, with the full version! :worship:

Carbonized said:
anytime :D like someone had said before, it really does remind me of the sound of Mario jumping in the Mario Bros. games hah.

:D Now that I've heard it, it kinda reminds me of that too! :lol:

MAN I thought I was the only person who ever noticed that! I noticed it the first TIME I ever heard the song oh so many years ago...Now it's nice to knowthat other people hear the voices (and whistles) in my head too:D

Well, I downloaded that. And... I STILL DON'T HEAR IT!!! What the FUCK are you guys talkin about????????
That 30 second clip sounds just like my P.O.T. CD. There's absolutely NO 'whistle'/Super Mario jump sound.???!!!???
What the FUCK?
:err: