Weird whistle in Time??

In My World said:
Guys, all that is reverb (maybe a sec of chorus) on Joey's vocal. It's nothing unusual at all. Don't know where the 'whistling' is, I think you're all making it out to be something it's not.

What are you saying young man? That whistle was put there by God as a sign of love for his creations. He created that whistle in one day, and I belive that if you deny it and call it "reverb" or "satanic rock n roll" you should go to some commie country like Canada or the Vatican! It´s people like you who are a threat to young people... CAN`T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN? THE CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL... *ugh*

You guys smoke way too much crack
dogfood_big.jpg

It's right on 3:37 precisely when Joey says "time through the (whistle)". It's there, it's been there on every copy of the album I've ever had. I think some people just have more selective hearing than others. For instance, some of my friends can't hear certain things in songs when I try to point them out, like subtle overdubs in the background, panning, effects, etc...Being a musician myself I notice a lot more stuff in audio than some people. Every time I'm watching TBS I always notice a strange buzzing in the background, could just be my cable provider, but it's annoying that nobody else hears it.

isn't it just an echo/reverb thing applied to when he sings the word "clock". nothing that weird to me.
but it sounds nothing like mario jumping... maybe my hearing is fucked...!?

remington69 said:
It reminds me of a slide whistle...like what Sideshow Bob/Mel uses.

*Goes into evangelist mode again*

That slide whistle is a deeeeeeman-tool, you watch yourself young lady. I know what dirty little girls do with them, yes don´t think I haven´t seen that "American Pie" movie just becasue it´s against my daddys religion!

I like this... I should become a minister, maybe I could get laid? :Spin:

I think I know what it is and forgot about it after all these years because I haven't played this track in forever and I don't think you need earphones.

It's a toy plastic flute that has a plunger on the end that changes the pitch of the flute as you slide it back and forth. I so remember thinking this when I bought POT (NOT Weed) years ago.

duh someone figured out b4 me.

I swear that when I play my Judas Priest records backwards, I hear the same sort of shit.....it says "Kill your parents and then yourself".....weird or what????!!!!!....Also had the same sort of thing with my Iron Maiden records....no matter what record it was....I got the same message.....dunno if anyone has heard that shit too.....BTW....I cant listen to records now...they have taken my collection away from me....but these big cushoined walls are great....I can slam into 'em all I like....I dont get hurt or fucked up (they said I was already fucked up when I came here)

remington69 said:
It reminds me of a slide whistle...like what Sideshow Bob/Mel uses.
I saw this Super MILF today and my penis made that sound!
"PeeeoooooooOOOOT!"

I still don't hear a whistle, just the "clock" echo. You guys are crazy! I listened to it on my PC, my stereo, my truck stereo. I'll listen to it in my car stereo too.
But THERE IS NO WHISTLE! (Or maybe I just canNOT hear it).

PoolePaul said:
I swear that when I play my Judas Priest records backwards, I hear the same sort of shit.....it says "Kill your parents and then yourself".....weird or what????!!!!!....Also had the same sort of thing with my Iron Maiden records....no matter what record it was....I got the same message.....dunno if anyone has heard that shit too.....BTW....I cant listen to records now...they have taken my collection away from me....but these big cushoined walls are great....I can slam into 'em all I like....I dont get hurt or fucked up (they said I was already fucked up when I came here)

One of us... one of us... one of us...

I hear that same buzzing sound in tbs. On different tv's in different areas with different tv/sat service. I cant yet hear the Time noise, but tomorrow i'll use my stereo. i think i can vageuly remember hearing it, or, after reading so much up about it im making it up.

Yeah, I listened to it yesterday and could hear it.

It IS the reverb effect. In simple terms, Joey goes to say one word and the effect goes down, but then get snatched by the inhale for the next word, resulting in the frequency pop you hear...

Spidey138 said:
It's right on 3:37 precisely when Joey says "time through the (whistle)". It's there, it's been there on every copy of the album I've ever had. I think some people just have more selective hearing than others. For instance, some of my friends can't hear certain things in songs when I try to point them out, like subtle overdubs in the background, panning, effects, etc...Being a musician myself I notice a lot more stuff in audio than some people. Every time I'm watching TBS I always notice a strange buzzing in the background, could just be my cable provider, but it's annoying that nobody else hears it.
Yeah but I can say the same thing. I've been a musician for 17 years, have a bit of recording experience, etc, but to me that doesn't really add much credibility to my argument. It's plain to see people here are going to disagree. I do, however, don't believe there's any whistle. It's simply a stronger effect that was placed on the word "clock". I've experiemented a lot with effects on vocals and to me it doesn't sound unusual in the least. I wish we could get an official word, that's the only way one side can prove the other wrong.