Weird automation issue in Kontak...

Aug 9, 2010
Germany
Hey,

so glad I found this problem, but I don't know how to solve it!

I use Sturgis Cymbal Samples in my current production, and over all of the mixing time I was adjusting the volume of the Overheads so often that I thought there has to be something weird going on. After this, I checkt the volume knobs in Kontakt and for some reasons, they change at some point of the song. If I jump to other parts of the song they change it's volume, or not. Looks totally random.
Of course I wrote no automation for this. I just got a midi file of the drums from the band. Is it possible to program this stuff in midi? If yes where? Or is there another secret spot for automation curves of Kontakt?! This drives me crazy! ;D

Ok found it by myself right after writing this thread. Guess the writing itself got me the idea.

For anyone having this problem too someday: There are so called CC tracks in a midi file which include a "main volume" automation track. Find them at the bottom left of the midi editor. If you never heard of this CC stuff before like me, this could lead to some mean problems! ;D