Weird whistle in Time??

aliasp said:
I can only hear a very faint wierd sound... odd
I think you guys are all fucking crazy. There's no 'weird sound' there's no 'whistle' and there's no 'Super Mario Jump'.
Or maybe I'm just deaf.

ThraxDude said:
Well, I downloaded that. And... I STILL DON'T HEAR IT!!! What the FUCK are you guys talkin about????????
That 30 second clip sounds just like my P.O.T. CD. There's absolutely NO 'whistle'/Super Mario jump sound.???!!!???
What the FUCK?
:err:

That's strange dude? Like you I hadn't heard it before, but I could hear what could be described as a whistle type sound, very faintly in the background about 5 sec. into the clip. It's definatley not very noticeable. Then again maybe my ears are playing tricks on me? :loco: o_O

lol, it's there. i tried to make it stand out a bit more but i guess that didn't help you much Thra:rofl:ude :/ I don't know what to tell you, if you don't hear then oh well! I don't find it particularly bothersome though. Like i said, it's about 5 seconds in, during Joey's singing. I promise :D

You guys are hearing things. :)
Carbonized- Thanks for your help, but I still think you guys are crazy. :Spin:
damn it, now I'm gonna have to get the CD out of my truck and check it out. P.O.T. RULES.

I wouldn't say its a whilstling sound but there is a slight odd background noise ... but its like so faint I only noticed it now you mention it.

Okay. After studying the 3:38 mark of Time, and working with my friends Adam and Jamie from MythBusters, I've come to the conclusion that what you folks with superior hearing are talking about is Joey's vocals.
I do hear an 'echo' if I try and listen really hard. It's Joey's reverb or something. I can only hear it if I'm trying to hear it. And I am sure that it's just accidental reverb from Joey's singing.

ThraxDude said:
Okay. After studying the 3:38 mark of Time, and working with my friends Adam and Jamie from MythBusters, I've come to the conclusion that what you folks with superior hearing are talking about is Joey's vocals.
I do hear an 'echo' if I try and listen really hard. It's Joey's reverb or something. I can only hear it if I'm trying to hear it. And I am sure that it's just accidental reverb from Joey's singing.

I think you are right man. That was my first thought - that it was just an echo sound placed on Joeys vocals.

Man we could dedicate a site to Mystery sounds in songs!

aliasp said:
I think you are right man. That was my first thought - that it was just an echo sound placed on Joeys vocals.

Man we could dedicate a site to Mystery sounds in songs!

I agree as well. It does sound (at least to me) like an echo sound was placed on Joey's vox. Whistling wasn't a very good description of the sound. Wow, we really are Anthrax/music geeks! :lol: It would be cool if you started a site dedicated to mystery sounds in songs! You could also include cool "homemade" sound effects, like when Judas Priest used kitchenware to get that stomping effect on Metal Gods.

strik9 said:
I agree as well. It does sound (at least to me) like an echo sound was placed on Joey's vox. Whistling wasn't a very good description of the sound. Wow, we really are Anthrax/music geeks! :lol: It would be cool if you started a site dedicated to mystery sounds in songs! You could also include cool "homemade" sound effects, like when Judas Priest used kitchenware to get that stomping effect on Metal Gods.

Why does Scott have no arms in your sig photo?

I heard the whistle too, since first day i listened to POT (like 13 years ago). And I don't think the whistle it's only in a certain amount of cds, 'cause I have POT in vinyl and you can clearly hear the whistle. It is hear exactly when joey says the word 'clock' out of the phrase 'Time through the clock...'
In fact i became pretty obsessed with that whistle when i was a kid :p

hahaha, that's cool! I thought I was the only one who ever heard it (or my CD was screwed). So glad to hear I wasn't hearing things.

it's at the part where Joey sings "Time through the clock just keeps talkin'..."
---w h i s t l e--------------

if that makes any sense at all ...........

It's JUST before it goes to six seconds. An upwards whistle sound. Kinda sounds like one of those old tin whistles. It's just as Belldonna sings "clock".

Hehe, I´ve noticed the "Whistle" since the first time I heard the song. I always thought it was supposed to be there, and not that it was an echo from the vox or anything. The sound is on both my cd, mc, and lp version of the album, so I´ve always thought that everybody knew about it....

On repeated listens.... I realised I wanted to hear the whistle .... now I can't hear this FRICKN whistle ... I hear Joey's voice doing its usual wierd echo kinda thing but I don't hear this whistle.

Mind you I am listening to an MP3 and given how MP3 compression works - removes certain layers of sounds and blends them - I wanna hear my CD version and judge again.

The mystery rages on kids.

Guys, all that is reverb (maybe a sec of chorus) on Joey's vocal. It's nothing unusual at all. Don't know where the 'whistling' is, I think you're all making it out to be something it's not.