Welcome!

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Welcome to our latest SCENE forum, for the metal scene in JAPAN - one of the strongholds of metal (both new and old-school) in the world.

As for Japanese bands, the only one I'm really familiar with is X, who I dig (if only I can find their CDs and not have to put up with a tape dub!) :)

Let's kick off by listing YOUR fave Japanese metal acts, or your thoughts on the Japanese scene.

Cheers!
Mark

CASBAH!

A fantastic band. I'm lucky enough to own their 7" "Russian Roulette". I also picked up their retrospective CD "Dinosaurs" from an import mail order a few months ago.

A highly recommended band, and they were playing some really fast shit considering when they were around. The "chant" style backing vocals were cool too.

Hail Casbah!

I highly recommend you to check out newcomers to the Japanese scene a band called King's Evil. You will be very surprised what the modern scene is like there these days

Hi! it's cool to see the name of Japan here. i'm afraid i'm the only one from Japan so far? anyway i'm surprised to see King's Evil and Sigh, Casbah are mentioned. sorry that Casbah is no longer exsist, i saw their last stage and it was awesome, hope they'll come back to the scene again soon...

Hey Guys!

This is cool! :headbang:

Looking forward to getting to Japan to play very much. Hope you guys enjoy our new album when it comes out! plug plug... :p sorry. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Yo Junko chan, hajimemashite, yoroshiku nyo!
"Malice Mizer" shiteru? Tottemo daisuki.

Malice Mizer aren't really metal, some of there songs have a slight metal edge, while others are kind of poppy with a cheesy french feel. One of my favourite bands, but now they are disbanded. *sniff*

I paid $95 to get the "Bara no Seidou" album imported from Japan, it was the best money I ever spent. And it was the limited edition first press too.

Mmm, the only Japanese band I have much experience with is this bizzare doom/death band called Corrupted. Could someone explain to me why in the world most of their lyrics are in Spanish?

I've heard smatterings of other bands that I think were from Japan, like Mad Capsule Markets, GISM (Strange Sounding stuff here, seriously), Sigh, and probably a few others whose names are escaping me at the moment.

Hi Dakk, i checked out your site, please come and play here!
and please let me know when your CD is released. it's cool that you practice Aikido. i'm taking my boys to Aikido lesson every Saterday :)

Hi Klaha-chan! Konnichiwa, Genki?
cool, maybe you know about J-pop much better than me? ;) yes maybe they are not metal, but they are metal-influenced, so it's better to hear them than dull music. how about Sex machineguns or Pierrot? cool that you could get their first press. please let me know when you need some help!

:) i took some pics of King's Evil last year.. i'll post it here (hope it works this time)

Sigh is great too! they are touring the US soon.

Drexle, i haven't heard any Corrupted, but i've found out that they are playing tomorrow, so i'll tell you what's like if i can go there!

:D

;)
i forgot to post the pic :D

kings.jpg