Well, it seems that I may have just bought a house....

You're right there Jim. The truth is that there is no "perfect" time to have kids. Holly and I just each seem to have other things in mind for the immediate future. It's probably just a matter of us getting settled into our new life together and getting the house, etc in order. I think that once we do that we're gonna kinda look around and think, "Ok, what's missing here?" and then we'll be ready to have them. I always seem to mention money as a reason that we don't want them yet, but I think it's really just a matter of us being settled into a stable, secure routine first. :)

I can only imagine how cool that would be...except of course that I'm starting mine out on a full scale 12-string Hamer bass right straight off! (with bi-amped distortion of course) I'll teach 'em how to get that "chainsaw through pudding" sound for show and tell. ;)

Well Steve,
Did you move yet?
How's the house?
How's the vibe?
Has it got a J.D.-back porch? :p ;)
Holly?
Sex?

(the jury is asked to disregard from the last statement)

I'm fine, just fine.
It's summer and life is great, but not the cash-flow.
Must do something about that.
I've been asked to perform some more lectures (as a teacher) in Psychology, for the first-semester kids at this University. I'm nervous as always, but what the heck. Cash baby, cash!

Soon we're recording a live-album, sort of a one-gig reunion thing, with my ex-band, as they wanted a live record with the line-up that we had when we split up, back in 1997-8. Local fans craves it, as I understood. Played a few gigs with em last year. Works like a charm. 5 years of playing together does that to you. ;)

your bassist in crime

Staffan, the almighty Tormentor

Well Steve,
Did you move yet?
Not yet, but everything's going well. The house passed all inspections today, so that's out of the way. We haven't gotten a definite closing date yet, but it'll probably be the end of the month.
How's the house?
(see above)
How's the vibe?
Well we're very excited naturally, but to be honest, it'll be hard to really be happy about it until all of the papers are signed and we're on the way in!
Has it got a J.D.-back porch?
It will brother...it will! :)
Holly?
:deb: She's looking forward to getting it all wrapped up. She spent all day today getting some things packed.
Sex?
In every room, first thing. :D I've already got a plan to pack a moving box with some wine, champagne, and some good um...sex-type foods. ;) I'll make sure it's the first thing we un-pack! :D

(the jury is asked to disregard from the last statement)
no. :p

Thanks for asking Staffan! :) Sorry I was spelling your name Stefan.:cry:

Yea, cash-flow is an ever present problem! We've got a whopping payment to make at closing, so we'll have a lot less soon!

Do you enjoy the lectures despite being nervous? I know you are doing it for the money, but I just wondered if you find it rewarding?

The live album sounds cool! It sounds like you guys have a good working relationship together. Have you ever considered doing it full time again? Can I get a copy when it's done?

"bassist in crime" LOL!!!

CHEERS! :)

Do you enjoy the lectures despite being nervous? I know you are doing it for the money, but I just wondered if you find it rewarding?
Hmm...oh yes, I enjoy them, cause it's about a subject I enjoy :) ...and know very well. The thing is that I want people to know what a wonderful subject Psychology is, and I try to show that in my lectures. To make people think, and reflect. Yes, it brings money too, and that's rewarding, but only a little. Here, money is not the GREAT MOTIVATOR as it is in the US. Peeps here rather have a good, flexible, mid paying job with a lot of responsibility, rather than a job that pays a lot but mean ulcer. Personally, as a teacher, I love the look on someones face when they've understood a theory/problem totally.

The live album sounds cool! It sounds like you guys have a good working relationship together. Have you ever considered doing it full time again? Can I get a copy when it's done?
Yes, it's a working relationship as well as we're friends, nowadays. Fulltime? Hmm...not with those guys, but otherwise....a very hard question. Perhaps if the context is right. A copy? Why sure!!

And I have two questions for you. I'll explain later why I ask them.
1. Do you like Bruce Springsteen? (His songs and lyrics, and so on)
2. Do you, when yer playin bass live (if you do) do the old Harris rifle-stance with your bass? :D Am I the only one doing it?

You bunnys!!
Right away, huh?
Lucky guy, you...
Actually, my GF just said the other day: "It seems that every time I lay down beside you, I get horny right away". Hehehehe, but who's complaining... ;) ...especially when they can suck the chrome off a trailer-hook. :eek: (shut up, Staffan!) Anyway, see ya soon E_C and take care. CHEERS :) *Waving to Holly*

I thought you'd feel that way Tormentor. I know how into Psychology you are, and I figured you'd enjoy speaking about it. I think I'd be the same way about say..... beer and women. :p :rolleyes:

It's true to a certain extent that the US is a money driven society, but be careful not to buy into that perspective too much. After all, most societies are driven by opportunity of one kind or another, and most Americans would be very happy to have a "good, flexible, mid paying job" (many have less). Our most wealthy and ambitious (and yea, downright rotten) are also unfortunately our most visible and the world tends to let those few come to represent us as a whole, which is a shame because 99.9% of Americans are nothing like that. Ok, maybe it's more like 95%. ;) maybe 90%. ;) ;)

Thanks! I'd LOVE to hear it! When it's ready, let me know and I'll pay the postage!

1. I like Bruce Springsteen, but mostly his older stuff. I wasn't real thrilled with "Born in the USA" and beyond.

2. Yes, back when I was playing in bands, I did the "rifle-stance" many times. ;) I used to make sure there was a monitor wedge in front of me just to have something to put my foot up on.

Heh, if your GF is saying that, you have NO cause to complain man! :D

Cheers!