Well, THIS is interesting

Squeak

Photo Mistress
I went to the mall after work yesterday to buy presents for my sister's birthday. Went into Hot Topic and the guy that works there that I was talking to told me they just got some OPETH shirts in two days ago. I was wearing my Opeth tour shirt from the last tour that has the red marble logo and the band on the front. So, of course I'm all curious and go look what's there. They ACTUALLY had the Blackwater Park tour tshirt (one I don't have) and they had SMALL, MEDIUM, extra large and 2XL!!! I damn near died, as I have NEVER EVER seen a size small in a regular non-girlie tour shirt. Of course I bought it. :) That small is like my medium tour shirt I had on so I wonder where it was made.

Another cool thing that happened... When I went to the Exodus/Imagika gig on March 20th here, a guy came up to me and asked me if I was the photographer from the Death Angel gig last year (I had a DA girlie on). Yup that was me. He had asked me about some bands for him to listen to and I mentioned Opeth. He knew the name, but not the music. I told him to get BWP first and then MAYH if he liked that one too. He told me at the Exodus gig that he was happy I told him about Opeth because he now owns ALL their cds, the DVD, some stickers AND he and a friend of his drove to the Los Angeles gig in January (like me) so he could see them twice! Man, I didn't know I was that influential. LOL So he asked me for some more bands. WOOHOO! Another metalhead converted to an Opeth fan. :headbang:

The first thing that came to my mind was "cool" too when I first read that...not much else to be said about it. Well, cool.
Wish we had stores that sold some good metal shirts.

Damn, I don't know of anywhere local that sells Opeth merchandise :( I would really like to get me a Blackwater Park shirt. I've only got a long sleeve Deliverance shirt that I got at the Sydney show.

greatapoc said:
Damn, I don't know of anywhere local that sells Opeth merchandise :( I would really like to get me a Blackwater Park shirt. I've only got a long sleeve Deliverance shirt that I got at the Sydney show.

Yeah, no where in Newcastle sells them, trust me. But i hear that down in Sydney Paddy's Markets (correct me if i'm wrong on the spelling) might possibly have some, aswell as Utopia records but i'm not 100% sure.

P.S. Where abouts in Newcastle do you live?

@kielbasa - I like to buy stuff online as well, but I never never never saw a size small, and VERY rarely do I see medium, although bands are finally now starting to carry those.
@ the people that want this shirt as well - IF you can GUARANTEE you'd send money for it AND can do so very soon and they have your size, I'd be willing to get the shirts for you. Just because I know how it is to want one of those. Especially Wiggles. Wiggles, they don't have any more smalls, but they do have medium still I believe.

It's nice to see the old people in here that I know as well, like Mr Niel, Jaykeegan, Leper, 4th horseman, kielbasa and of course, :wave: hi to Hearse.

Our Hot Topic people don't know anything about Metal.. I asked about the new In-Flames and they didn't even know who they were... And they are more "mainstream" cough cough.. then Opeth!

Mention Mushroom Head, Mudvayne or Linkin Park and heads turn though