were the others any good?

Moonspell was really good, you should look over the setlist and familiarize yourself with some of the songs.

Devildriver was annoying, I don't like the fact that half the crowd are nu-metal kiddies (To me Devildriver is as different to metal as Britney Spears is). You will see the kiddy pushing commence once these guys come out.

Enjoy yourself.

It really depends who you ask and what you like in your music. I have loved Moonspell since their first album and I love their live show. They are gothic-tinged metal.

Devil Driver is a whole nother story. I think a lot of people on this forum are so into Opeth-worshipping that there is no way any opening bands will make them happy. This band is yes, a bit nu-metal, but with death and black metal mixed in a bit. They all listen to a variety of bands like Immortal, Emperor, Suffocation, In Flames, Arch Enemy, Motorhead.... so it shows in their music a bit as well. I'm not saavy on the nu metal part of it, but I like the other parts, so it's not THAT bad. They were really popular at all the California shows.

Class of Zero opened at the Phoenix, San Diego, Anaheim and Hollywood shows. They are not on the rest of the tour.

I had never heard moonspell before but I liked their set. The last song they played was really great.

Class of Zero (fucking stupid name!) played on a few dates, saw about 2 songs before we just went outside and watched the AWSOME flamenco player outside at Downtown Disney, Anaheim show of course. Actually...did that through Devil Driver too, didn't watch a single song, and the flamenco was really good!

Yeah right, as if most people on the forum are so into Opeth-worshipping that there is no way any opening bands will make them happy. BULLSHIT, I saw Porcupine Tree open for Opeth and they rocked.

I won't comment on Moonspell, but Devil Driver and Class of Zero truly suck donkey balls. Dez should get hit by a bus and have his remains ripped and devoured by stray dogs

Yeah the opening acts were no good. Moonspell were very predictable melodic death with a few gothy parts here and there. The vocalist is pretty anoying and songwriting is painfully average. As for Devil Driver. They are just a horrible strieght forward metal band. The vocalist was so anoying. I swear to god every sentance he said had the word fuck in it four or five times. I realy wish Opeth would start getting better opening acts (well Procupine Tree was probably awesome, but I missed the Damnation tour).

they have had some good acts with them. the times I've seen them they were with God Forbid and nevermore, also I saw them with Katatonia and November Doom. I mean granted they aren't the best exept for when they were with PT and katatonia but not all bands are worthy to tour with opeth

If you can get over a very slight cheese factor, you will really enjoy Moonspell. And Dez' choice of words is nothing compared to Zakk Wylde's. He had like 6 "fucks" for every sentence last time I saw BLS.

Yeah I wasn't too crazy about Moonspell like mentioned earlier there material was very predictable with some ok parts here and there its that the kind of music that will make you kind of nauseous if you listen to it long enough but I've heard a lot worse.

Devildriver was nothing special, there too staight forward nothing intricate within there material at all but they do incorporate that groove element rather well which is the only thing that this band has going for them but this too me gets old rather quick so I can't really appreciate a band that relies soley on groove.

What did surprise me on this concert was the lack of those nu-metal type kids that go to the shows and start acting like complete idiots, this was the case when I saw Dark Tranquillity in San Francisco, there was this one nu-metal band on the bill and once they came on all these dumb asses rushed into the pit like idiots and started throwing there hands everywhere while keeping there eyes closed just like little immature girls, it was extremely irritating to see, and I was expecting some of the same last night during devildriver's set but nope it didn't happen, I wonder what happen to them.

@ Alan - I didn't say everyone, I said a lot. I know quite a few people who, in here, did not like Porcupine Tree live. And I also didn't say the bands were for everyone, because they definitely weren't.

@Pac - I think all the nu-metal fans were at the Southern California gigs. There were a SHITLOAD of them down there!