Opeth in the mainstream

i think opeth's gained their popularity with Damnation rather than their other newer albums. Damnation's really radio-friendly and the Slipknot lovers can buy an Opeth shirt and say that they're listening to "totally extreme underground shit", but i think that if their next album is as brutal as Mikael said at the Irving Plaza show then they might lose their mainstream foothold. which is sad really. but hey, it's the mainstream's loss, right? :lol:

i saw a few kids today with their damn slipknot shirts on. i happened to be wearing my opeth shirt from the fair judgement tour, and they gave me some weird ass looks. i dont think they had a clue who opeth is. most people who ask me about the shirt think it fuckin says oprah anyways...retards

haha lol.... i have a royal anguish t-shirt and poeple told me if the band was called royal english
i said "YEAH!!! ENGLISH WITH AN A, IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR EYES OR ITS JUST YOUR BRAIN"

Post_Scriptum said:
haha lol.... i have a royal anguish t-shirt and poeple told me if the band was called royal english
i said "YEAH!!! ENGLISH WITH AN A, IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR EYES OR ITS JUST YOUR BRAIN"
haha, thats funny as hell

Allan said:
They're the new Beatles , you know.

How many Beatles albums do you have? I believe you stated in another thread that you have exactly - none. So how the fuck can you even comment on the Opeth/Beatles thing when you have - by your own admission - only ever heard the Beatles hits? Don't you think you should actually know what you're talking about before putting people's opinions down, dick? :zombie:
Think I'll join the Anathema forum with Allan and post some shit about a band I've never heard - that'll be real fun! o_O You wanker.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
How many Beatles albums do you have? I believe you stated in another thread that you have exactly - none. So how the fuck can you even comment on the Opeth/Beatles thing when you have - by your own admission - only ever heard the Beatles hits? Don't you think you should actually know what you're talking about before putting people's opinions down, dick? :zombie:
Think I'll join the Anathema forum with Allan and post some shit about a band I've never heard - that'll be real fun! o_O You wanker.
uh, i think he was joking dude :err:

Funeral Portrait said:
uh, i think he was joking dude :err:

And I actually have one, a greatest hits compilation. Never said I didn't have any Beatles albums.

Don't remember posting anything claiming I was an expert on the Beatles.

Must remember to plaster smileys all over my posts.

TakinTheMusicBack said:

A simple question: Do you think I started the "Opeth puts me to sleep" thread, some of your comments about me seem to fit that guy better so I just wondered.

2trackblackmetalalbumwilldestoryyourmom!!!! 112trackblackmetalalbumwilldestoryyourmom!!!! 112trackblackmetalalbumwilldestoryyourmom!!!! 112trackblackmetalalbumwilldestoryyourmom!!!! 112trackblackmetalalbumwilldestoryyourmom!!!! 112trackblackmetalalbumwilldestoryyourmom!!!! 112trackblackmetalalbumwilldestoryyourmom!!!! 112trackblackmetalalbumwilldestoryyourmom!!!! 112trackblackmetalalbumwilldestoryyourmom!!!!11

Reverend Bizarre said:
Also keep in mind that not all "underground" metallers are against mainstream music and may like a few of the bands on that festival so they went, much like yourself.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

On a somewhat related note, it's always cool going out in public wearing a t-shirt of some obscure European metal band and having people recognize the band and give me the " \m/ " Some guy at a fast food place once asked me to write down a list of Dark Tranquillity songs worth downloading :cool:

Cynical Bastard said:
You put down someone else's intelligence while saying something as idiotic and immature as "gay ass"

Interesting approach... :tickled:
you know, i watched that drum solo that slipknots drummer played on the disasterpieces dvd...and it fuckin rocks. its too bad he plays in such stupid bands, he's a real talent.

TakinTheMusicBack said:

i dunno about allan right, but i got almost every single album from opeth here :tickled: