What albums would your rate 10 out of 10

I'm so used to leaving maiden out of my lists (because they would probably dominate every one) that I forgot to mention:

Iron Maiden
------------------

Powerslave
Piece of Mind

I'd probably give no album a 10/10 or 100%. Every CD has little faults. Anyway here's my close picks:

Anathema "Judgement"
deep personal album with an awesome melancholic feeling. every song is great, and that's definitely the thing that makes it so good.

Antimatter "Planetary Confinement"
kinda the same reason as Judgement. great songs all through, mucho feeling.

Communic "Conspiracy In Mind"
well these guys have only written three songs in two albums that aren't excellent, now that's some good songwriting. I prefer the debut but album #2 ain't far away either.

Dan Swanö "Moontower"
an album filled with good tunes pretty much stuck in my playlist since forever.

Death "Symbolic"
not a second of throwaway music, great guitar and drums, very good hooks. just plain awesome all the way. "Human" isn't far from this list either.

Dismember "Like An Everflowing Stream"
a Death Metal classic. even anus.com geeks can't deny the greatness of Dismember's debut.

Katatonia "Last Fair Deal Gone Down"
I was very personally attached to this album, and still am. It's generally a slab of brilliant depressive rock/metal music.

Nevermore "The Politics of Ecstacy"
Not a bad song in sight. Great guitar work, great vocals.

Nevermore "Dreaming Neon Black"
Concept CD filled with even more awesome songs, technicality, emotion and sheer ownage. Not as even as "Politics", but the six best songs on this makes me go nuts.

Nevermore "This Godless Endeavor"
The cynic in me feared the first mediocre Nevermore album. That cynic got fucked, bent backwards, beheaded and buried.

Novembers Doom "The Pale Haunt Departure"
Even the least good songs on this album are great. The title track is definitely one of my favourite songs ever.

Porcupine Tree "Lightbulb Sun"
A nice prog rock album with a good amount of feeling and some nice hooks. 10great/very good songs, zero bad ones.

Riverside "Out of Myself"
A good prog rock that album that even beats PT in many areas. A few throwaways tracks, but they fade in the light of the great ones.

After looking at this list I realize that the quantity of good songs is what I mainly judge albums by, and thats why theres a bit of a lack when it comes to Death Metal CDs. I generally have more of an album by album way of listening to calm music while I usually go for the best tracks in brutal music.

Have you not heard Edge of Sanity - Crimson II

it is similar to Moontower, obviously cause it's Swano's band. I would say it is heavier and better overall than Moontower though

top 10 in no order

helstar-nosferatu
pentagram-relentless
pentagram-days of reckoning
judas priest-stained class
iron maiden-powerslave
witchfinder general-death penalty
ensiferum-ensiferum
metal church-metal church
tyr-eric the red
amorphis-karelian isthmus

Funny. I'd take the original Crimson over Moontower or CII by miles and miles! I thought Crimson II was a shoddily recorded mess with a bunch of good ideas and some great parts.

Funny. I'd take the original Crimson over Moontower or CII by miles and miles! I thought Crimson II was a shoddily recorded mess with a bunch of good ideas and some great parts.

Ditto. I'm always surprised how many people worship Crimson II. It's just a little too slick and too modern sounding for my tastes, although it is a great record.

I should listen to it again, I had a really shit ear for music back when I was a fan of this type of stuff. When I re-listen to albums I first heard back then, I find myself viewing them completely differently from the perspective I've arrived at presently.

I should listen to it again, I had a really shit ear for music back when I was a fan of this type of stuff. When I re-listen to albums I first heard back then, I find myself viewing them completely differently from the perspective I've arrived at presently.

Yeah, you have to listen to this masterpiece again. It is literally awe-inspiring as well as Crimson I. But Crimson II even more so.

I was never really into industrial metal much but Samael's "reign of light " has to be one of the best.His voice is wicked and you can tell they put some time into the writing.

the Chasm"spell of retribution" Plenty of different moods going on here and the vocals don't sound overexerted. maybe not a 10 but very close