What are the bands a Saxonfan listens to?

heavycelli

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
Dear People here on the board, just because of that Test..I just got curious which other bands you as Saxon fans listen to.. maybe we have had that topic somewhere in the past?.. maybe we see some weird things that I/we say how is that possible. At the moment I don't have the time to write them down all but I will edit when I visit ok..

well here are my band's/artist for the moment/fuers erste (Off course I dont like evry number or attitude of the bands/artist mentioned, but they give me that certain feeling musically):

Dokken, Ratt, Glenn Miller, Abba, Depeche Mode, the Cult, Van Halen, Ted Nugent, Foghat, Simple Minds, Megadeth, Jimmy Hendrix, Dio, Queensryche, Fates Warning, Stryper, Judas Priest, Accept, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Metallica, James last, Michael Jackson, Andrew Sisters, Yes, Rolling Stones, The Carpenters (because of the most beautifull-clear-female voice ever Karen Carpenter , just my opinion), Toto, AC/DC, Elvis Presley, Perry Como, Loudness, Tom Jones, Shirley Bessy, Santana, Queen, Pat Travers, Meat Loaf, MSG, Bee Gees, Gloria Gayner, Kate Bush, Bon Jovi, Tesla , Human League, Genesis, Rose Tattoo, Venguence, Electric Light Orcestra (E.L.O)........ rest will follow during the year..(by edits)

Judas Priest
Slayer
Dimmu Borgir
Pain
Arch Enemy
Within Temptation
Masterplan
Testament
Korn
Immortal
In Extremo
Rammstein
Ratt
Machine Head
Graveworm
Nine inch Nails
Kreator
Accept
Lacuna Coil
Creed
Iron Maiden
Emperor
Mortiis
Limp Bizkit
Type o Negative
Threshold
Manowar
UDO
Primal Fear

NWA

PRIMAL SCREAM
THE CLASH
MAIDEN
RONI SIZE
THE DOORS
JULIAN COPE(AND ALL HIS SIDE PROJECTS)
THE STONES
SLF
BLAGGERS ITA
CRAZYHEAD
NEW YORK DOLLS
WHITE STRIPES
ROBERT JOHNSON(MOST 20S AND 30S BLUES)

BACK SOON GANGSTAS JUST TURNED UP

Judas Priest
Motorhead
Iron Maiden
Dio
Overkill
W.A.S.P.
Virgin Seele
Van Halen
Kreator
AC/DC
Slayer
Kiss
The Cult
Dokken
Keel
Venom
Y & T
Accept
Metal Church
Warlock
Bolt Thrower
Darkthrone
Scorpions

and a lot more

And there is..........................
Elvis
The Ruts
The Specials
Johnny Cash
AC/DC
Priest
Motorhead
NMA
The Levellers
Slayer
Megadeth
Chuck Berry
Dirtbombs
Funkadelic
RedMan
King Prawn
Oh fuck it all music except pop

I took the test, got a 98!
I don't know which one I got wrong.

Circle II Circle "Middle of Nowhere" has been stuck in my CD player for months.
It's a great CD and I really recommend it.
I've also been playing Dio, Girlschool (Take a Bite), and Fight (Halfor's band from 92).

Well my number one favourite band of all time is the mighty power trio, RUSH. They will always be the best band for me and I really hope they tour again cos next time I'll definitely see them in Glasgow and London and go to Europe to catch a couple of concerts as well. My other favourite bands are:-

BUDGIE*
BLACK SABBATH
AC/DC
LED ZEPPELIN
SCORPIONS*
KROKUS*
UFO*
DIAMOND HEAD* :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
GIRLSCHOOL*
ANGEL WITCH*
PRAYING MANTIS*
TRESPASS*
MOTORHEAD*
PINK FLOYD*
HANOI ROCKS
SAMSON*
TANK*
TOAD THE WET SPROCKET
DEEP PURPLE
HAWKWIND*
HENDRIX (and today is the 35th anniversary of his death and yes I've been listening to loads of Hendrix to mark the occasion)
GREAT WHITE
BLACKFOOT
MAGNUM*
VENOM*
QUEENSRYCHE
THE MUSIC
XYZ
THIN LIZZY*
RAVEN*
WHITE SPIRIT*
VARDIS*

The ones marked with asterix are the ones that I've seen, never saw Deep Purple but I saw Gillan a couple of times at the Apollo which was brilliant - and one time Budgie was the support - AWESOME :headbang: :headbang:

Saxon
Secrecy
Europe
Within Temptation
Helloween
UDO
Lacuna Coil
Masterplan (But not 2nd Album)
Pink Cream 69
Tank
John Norum
Queensryche
Kings X
Days Of The New
Raven
Marillion
Meldrum
The Wildhearts
Story of the Year
Sisters Of Mercy
Little Angels

Cool, cool Matt another Tank and Raven fan - those 2 bands are just totally mindblowing.

I forgot to add another one to my list:-

OPEN HAND

This is the band that I saw a few months back and they totally blew me away, they were incredible. I'm no kidding, I'm really sure you would all love this band, just download Pure Concentrated Evil or Hard Night - those 2 songs are sensational.

blaze
tesla
thunder
def leppard
maiden
preist
motorhead
fozzy
yngwie
queensryche
stratovarius
dio
whitesnake
alterbridge
alice cooper
scorpions
ac/dc
dokken
winger
quireboys
quiet riot
metallica
poison
magnum
steve vai

Judas Priest
Saxon
Accept
Megadeth
Testament
Metal Church
Stratovarius
Children of Bodom
AC/DC
Iron Maiden
At The Gates
Wolf
Ozzy
Dream Evil
Lost Horizon
Metallica

And by the way, I've tried to get hold of some music by Tank, heard them on Jmillion's winamp radio (streaming) a whle ago, but can't find anything, not to buy nor to download :ill:

Hmm.. Ive been discovering a lot of new bands to me lately so ive been listiening to a lot of Blind Gaurdian and Iced Earth ....but my faves are pretty much in this order

Maiden
Rainbow
Led Zep
UFO
MSG
Van Halen
Sammy Hager
Helloween
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Dio
AC/DC
poison

I listen to Metal! There wayyyyyy too many bands I love to list all of them. My list would look like everyone else's list. I love the NWOBHM bands, Punk, and Hardcore, Speed, Thrash, Traditional, Black and Death Metal.

And when I ain't listening to Metal my taste can go in any given direction.

Twisted Tony said:
I listen to Metal! There wayyyyyy too many bands I love to list all of them. My list would look like everyone else's list. I love the NWOBHM bands, Punk, and Hardcore, Speed, Thrash, Traditional, Black and Death Metal.

And when I ain't listening to Metal my taste can go in any given direction.

Thats cool ! i nearly did not bother to make a list myself because my tastes can be so expansive! So i just listed my most favouritest !

:headbang:

Ive been listening to alot of dimmu borgir recently, they just blow me away!!

Hey Princess, you have great taste... and you're from the town of my birth. :headbang:

Being an ex-pat in NJ, I've had the chance to see Rush a few times in the last couple of years. Better venues than those awful (but fondly remembered) Ingleston gigs.

PsychedelicWarlord said:
Hey Princess, you have great taste... and you're from the town of my birth. :headbang:

Being an ex-pat in NJ, I've had the chance to see Rush a few times in the last couple of years. Better venues than those awful (but fondly remembered) Ingleston gigs.

Thanks Psychaedlic Warlord, you have just made my day cos I love it when someone says I have great taste in music :D :D . I still seem to get a bit of a slagging sometimes when I mention that I'm still into a lot of NWOBHM bands, and particularly Girlschool - a lot of folk seem to think they are garbage, but its usually folk who've never seen them live, cos they are anything but garbage, they are brill.

And you have great taste as well Psychedelic Warlord, cos Psychadelic Warlord is my favourite Hawkwind track, which I first heard in the Burns Howff (do you remember that fantastic pub - I used to work round the corner from it in St. George's Place just off Buchanan St and used to nip into the Burns Howff nearly every lunchtime, not so much for the drinks but so I could get my daily dose of rock music. Holy Diver always seemed to be playing everytime I walked in there.

LOL yes I saw Rush twice through in Ingliston. That must be the worst venue ever, I dont know why they chose to play there!!!! It was sort of out in the middle of nowhere, a nightmare to get to, but the first time I went there we got a bus from The Apollo - they had laid on a special bus to take folk thru to Ingliston - I cant for the life of me remember getting back but I suppose I must have came back on that bus. Second time we went through on the train, then had to get from Edinburgh city centre thru to Ingliston, we didn't really have a clue where we were going. Both times at Ingliston I was stuck right up the back and couldn't really see much but I still enjoyed it cos Rush were my fav band. I think that's why I totally loved seeing them at the SECC last September cos I had 3rd row seats and I was only about 6 feet away from Geddy - so I finally managed to get to see everything.

Most of the time I listen to Heavy Metal, so here are my favourite bands:

- Judas Priest
- Saxon
- Scorpions
- UFO
- Accept
- The Michael Schenker Group
- U.D.O.
- Halford
- Fight
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Rainbow
- Dio
- Black Sabbath

There are some other bands, but those are the ones, which I listen to more often.
When I’m not listening to Metal, I enjoy:
- Elvis Presley
- Queen
- Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Jerry Lee Lewis
- Jimi Hendrix

And a lot of Rock’N’Roll bands from the 60’s and 70’s.

Apart from the Rock Music, I enjoy movie soundtracks and my absolutely favourite ones are:
The Lord Of The Rings trilogy and the Star Wars trilogy.

Hey princess_of_the_night2112, I also love the NWOBHM bands. Actually I started into Heavy metal, back to 84, with bands like Saxon, Iron Maiden and Def Leppard. There were many other cool bands in Britain at that time.

Riot
Saxon
TNT
Thin Lizzy
XYZ
Pat Travers
Ratt
Judas Priest
Dream Theater
Ozzy
Black Sabbath
Queensryche