What are the NON boring powermetal bands.

In Century Media's case: "IT ISN'T SELLING LIKE LACUNA COIL IS! DROP DROP DROP." It's too bad that they broke up, but apparently the vocalist has another band called Crescent Shield. Hopefully they sound like Onward. ;)

I fear for Jag Panzer, due to the fact that they're on that label. :erk:

Jean-Pierre said:
In Century Media's case: "IT ISN'T SELLING LIKE LACUNA COIL IS! DROP DROP DROP." It's too bad that they broke up, but apparently the vocalist has another band called Crescent Shield. Hopefully they sound like Onward. ;)

I fear for Jag Panzer, due to the fact that they're on that label. :erk:
I know of Crescent Shield. They were at the BWBK 6 Pack Weekend in Cleveland, Ohio this past June handing out flyers to the audience to promote themselves. I went to their website and downloaded a song. I remember it being so so. If it really stood out I would have remembered it better. Ill probably give them another shot down the line. They have a nice looking girl in the band. I believe her and the lead singer are a couple.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Where did you go that turned you into somebody who had taste in power metal?! :p
I never liked Hammerfall, and finally got tired of Sonata Arctica.

Nightwish still kick ass in my book.

I guess it's just my recent thrash phase that made me go for power metal with bite as a side dish.

I just heard the band Pyramaze...they have a forum on UM and they are pretty kick ass. They have 2 samples on their site and I am going to find some more shit by them soon. Sounds awesome so far.

Falconer's debut is very good, the rest is pretty boring. Metalium first 2 albums are great, I don't know for their last.

Jean-Pierre said:
Good fucking god, some of these reccomendations are horrible. I'm too lazy to mention which.

If you want REALLY interesting Power Metal, go for the older stuff:

early Fates Warning

Crimson Glory's first two albums

Helstar

mid-era Manilla Road

Can't argue with these picks.

And Jag Panzer, Helloween, Dungeon, Phantom Lord, early Queensryche, Metal Church,and Running Wild(though a bit more speed metal than power, but close enough) aren't too shabby either.

Fuck yeah to the dude with the Overkill avvy. :worship:

Also, check out the band Gargoyle. They only released one album in the 80's, but if you like Helstar, you'll love them.

Well, the following I don't think have been mentioned yet. They aren't neccessarily "Power Metal" per se, more along the lines of "Trad/True Heavy Metal." Anyways, these two fucking RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE:

The Lord Weird Slough Feg
Brocas Helm

Doomcifer said:
Well, the following I don't think have been mentioned yet. They aren't neccessarily "Power Metal" per se, more along the lines of "Trad/True Heavy Metal." Anyways, these two fucking RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE:

The Lord Weird Slough Feg
Brocas Helm

Haha, If we are going to talk about such bands as these, we may as well fit these three into the fold:

Omen
Manilla Fucking Road
Cirith Fucking Ungol

:headbang:

Onward if JP hasn't said it. I'm not looking through the thread to find out.