What are the NON boring powermetal bands.

ELVENKING!!!1!1!!!1

They so own. No way are they average.

Also:

Helstar
Fates Warning
Sanctuary
Blind Guardian
Lost Horizon
Kamelot
Jag Panzer
Catharsis
Symphorce

Fireaxe is just one guy, though yes I suppose he does play epic power metal. Do you know where to find any of his albums? I've never had much luck tracking them down.

I knew he was just one guy, I've no idea why I put 'these guys'.

No, I don't, that's the main reason I said that they have 'potential' - I can't even find most on mp3.

Jean-Pierre said:
"They did not heed the waaaaaaarning....SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGN!!!!!!"

Good god, what the fuck has happened to Warrel Dane since that band ended? :bah:
I don't know if you were serious but he formed Nevermore and continues to produce kick ass music.

BTW: Sanctuary were total kick ass. I am pissed they only made 2 albums because Refuge Denied was AMAZING. One of my favorite albums. The cover for White Rabbit was superb.

Guardian of Darkness said:
I knew he was just one guy, I've no idea why I put 'these guys'.

No, I don't, that's the main reason I said that they have 'potential' - I can't even find most on mp3.

Fuckin Douchebag

nataservant said:
I don't know if you were serious but he formed Nevermore and continues to produce kick ass music.

BTW: Sanctuary were total kick ass. I am pissed they only made 2 albums because Refuge Denied was AMAZING. One of my favorite albums. The cover for White Rabbit was superb.

Yeah, Nevermore rule, I've seen them live 6 times and they are always great. Most agree Enemies of Reality was their weakest CD, but hopefully Century Media will give them a good budget next time so they can get back to greatness. The only problem is, Warrell's voice or choice of vocals isn't as interesting or far ranging as on earlier CD's, but that wasn't a problem on the heavyass Dead Heart In A Dead World CD. BTW, I prefer Into THe Mirror Black over Refuge Denied, I thought the production was much better and the songs tighter.

Nevermore =/= Power Metal, except for a good deal of their debut.

Anyway, I was pretty sure you could money-order Fireaxe's albums from the guy's main site...Fireaxe is very unique and interesting, I wish more people knew about them (well...him :p ).

Jean-Pierre said:
Nevermore =/= Power Metal, except for a good deal of their debut.

Anyway, I was pretty sure you could money-order Fireaxe's albums from the guy's main site...Fireaxe is very unique and interesting, I wish more people knew about them (well...him :p ).
Perhaps, though in the past I've never had much luck getting replies to my e-mails, though I've not tried for a while.

Ill break this down into 3 levels...

Amazing: Angel Dust, Blind Guardian, Helloween, Symphony X

Good: Demons & Wizards, Dream Evil, Hammerfall, Iced Earth (pre-ripper owens was amazing, he killed the band), Lost Horizon, Secret Sphere, Sonata Arctica ("reckoning night" is great, "Silence" is good)

Avarage: Edguy, Kamelot, Mercury Tide, Symphorce, Tarot

With all the bands listed and you haven't mentioned Dragonforce???

Dragonforce
Edguy
BLIND GUARDIAN
Stratovarius
Forgotten Tales
Elvenking
Heavenly
Helloween
Some of Iced Earth
Nightwish
Labyrinth
Rhapsody
Angra

Nevermore have always been one of the only bands I have not been able to classify into a single subgenre, but who are blatantly metal.