What are the NON boring powermetal bands.

Funeral Portrait said:
I love Nevermore :)
fuck yeah man, i'm listening to the heart collecter now, i dont know how power metal they are though, some of their stuff is but some is really heavy to. these are my favourite power metal bands pretty much in order:
dungeon
nocturnal rites (newer shit especialy)
helloween
nevermore (if you can concider them power metal)
dream theatre ( again if you can concider them power metal)
yingwe malemstein ( more virtuosso than power metal but you will know what i mean if you hear rising force or i am a viking)
canible corpse (just kidding)

have fun with you power metal man, some of the best guitarists come from it, that band nocturnal rites, there is a song on their album new world messiah where he is speed picking this one string bending it and he is doing it so fast you cannot tell if it is his picking or an effect i only found out it was him when i saw a video clip and watched him do it, fucking insane. does anyone else agree that children of bodom could easily have become a power metal band? listen to some of their songs man. they even did a W.A.S.P cover, listen to the keyboards it sounds as if he is playing what the powermetal wocal line would be.

Dragonforce are amazing!! Valley of the Damned is their better album!!

Stratovarius aint getting enough mention here!! they RULE!! and Kotipelto's solo work is just ...........AWESOME!!!

Helloween of the "Keeper of the 7 keys"
Angra are great! "Holy Land" and "Rebirth" are 2 masterpieces.
Blind Guardian's "Nightfall in middle earth" is amazing!
Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius must evolve, the first albums are great, but then they sound always the same.