Metal band for non metalheads.

Which metal band is most liked by non-metalheads?

• Burzum

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Wolves In The Throne Room

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Metallica

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Black Sabbath

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Sunn O

• Mastodon

• Judas Priest

• Megadeth

• Pantera

• ISIS

• Cannibal Corpse

• In Flames

• Opeth

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Others

• Total voters
I voted Sabbath, though I can see Metallica winning. Everyone knows Iron Man and Paranoid though.

I cannot picture a non-metalhead listening to Burzum or Wolves in the Throne Room.

Iron Maiden takes my vote; I know plenty of non-metalheads who are fans.

Apparently Metallica for the most part. Sure alot of people like Sabbath as well but do look back on what I said about Metallica's 9 grammies. Bingo...

I've managed to coax my friends into Paradise Lost, Devin Townsend and Iced Earth - all relatively easy to listen to. They didn't really like Wormed when i played it for them. :erk:

Mustaine's vocals are an acquired taste, apparently:zombie:

to this day, i still dont get it. people listen to demilich for fucks sake and still have the audacity to say 'i cant handle/stand mustaine's vocals'. fair point to say megadeth has released a plethora of shit albums, but there's some quality there too which is well worth a listen.

Mustaine's vocals aren't really that much of an acquired taste. Besides... Megadeth didn't really release alot of fantastic albums from what I remember.

Schwärzung;8858121 said:
I cannot picture a non-metalhead listening to Burzum or Wolves in the Throne Room.

They're definetly big with hipsters these days. When I run into hipsters on the internet they're usually a fan of both. I don't know HOW big they are but they seem pretty big from the people I've run into.

So, just a random point, I really hope no one has anything against any of these bands because of their fanbases and we're all just acknowledging some facts about said fanbases and not implying anything about musical quality.

Isis being a post metal band, is obviously in a genre that has close links to post rock.
Meaning that post rock fans that don't normally dig metal tend to sometimes dig post metal.