Metal band for non metalheads.

Which metal band is most liked by non-metalheads?

• Burzum

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Wolves In The Throne Room

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Metallica

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Black Sabbath

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Sunn O

• Mastodon

• Judas Priest

• Megadeth

• Pantera

• ISIS

• Cannibal Corpse

• In Flames

• Opeth

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Others

• Total voters
My vote goes to Metallica. Only because they are probably the most overhyped metal band, even if they're shit ever since Load. But in all honesty, Death Magnetic really wasn't a bad album though it was poor compared to their best material.

Plus, most doom metal could be liked by general music fans .... Black Sabbath is widely praised, so why not Pagan Altar et al.

The vocals would be a turn off. Besides, most non metal people who like Sabbath only really like the songs Iron Man, Paranoid, Warpigs and Sweet Leaf.

I personally prefer Sabbath's "Paranoid". Simply because I think Ozzy has that nice dark tone of vocals. When Ronnie came in, it was a different band. Not that I don't like Ronnie's vocals. I just prefer Ozzy back in the day. But I do enjoy the later Sabbath. I just don't find myself listening to the band very often anyway.

Metallica has released nine studio albums, two live albums, two EPs, twenty-four music videos, and forty-five singles. The band has won nine Grammy Awards {Metallica}

:Smug:

Metallica by faaaar. At least here in Norway.
Tons of people here are having Metallica tattoos, and none of them are into any kinds of rock\metal except Metallica. Its like Metallica is the only metal band on the planet.

I'm more of a proghead than a metalhead and of the above choices ISIS and Opeth are the ones I've seen very popular on sites like prog archives etc.
A lot of post-rock fans like ISIS in particular.

Katatonia have also really appealed to the Porcupine Tree crowd.

None of my friends listen to metal.(well, there's one who's semi-interested: he likes Theatre of Tragedy and Metallica's ballads and instrumentals).
I saw one guy at the supermarket several days ago buying cucumbers. He was wearing a Bathory shirt. Then yesterday I saw another at the train station clad in Morbid Angel attire.
I don't see many overt metalheads on the streets.