Metal band for non metalheads.

Which metal band is most liked by non-metalheads?

• Burzum

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Wolves In The Throne Room

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Metallica

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Black Sabbath

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Sunn O

• Mastodon

• Judas Priest

• Megadeth

• Pantera

• ISIS

• Cannibal Corpse

• In Flames

• Opeth

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Others

• Total voters
mattheafy.jpg

KVLT AS FVCK!!

That chick is kinda hot.

:zombie:

I seriously don't see the huge deal about Mastodon either, and I frown whenever my other guitarist and my drummer chucks it on in their car. I find it kinda boring to listen to, even from a non-metal perspective.

I am a big fan of Sun O))) though, and most drone bands and I do like Baroness occasionally.

I'd say Opeth is probably another band that most non-metal fans like as well. Also, alot of post-metal bands like Isis, Neurosis and Pelican seem to be liked by the same crowd.

Sunn O))), Mastodon, and Baroness are all bands that non-metal people seem to like. I don't understand why non-metal people like them but I've never liked this kinds of bands. There's probably something that bands like this do that appeals to non-metal people that simultaneously irks me. I don't know exactly what it is but something bugs me about these bands.

My feelings exactly.

Wolves in the Throne Room

I have noticed this! When they were here in Prague they were in a 007 club where there is rarely any metal playing and they've had like 90 attendees on last.fm, which even the biggest shows here have not. Seriously, wtf. That's like, most I've seen on a concert like this, and there were weird people who don't have any metal in their libraries.. wtf..

Some answers here are just beyond ridiculous. Baroness?
Come on, people. Metallica! Everyone loves Metallica, or pretends he loathes them due to excessive popularity.

I have noticed a lot of Amon Amarth in people's libraries that have no other metal in them; listed along side shit like Akon and My Chemical Romance.

My friend loves Priestess but hated the Candlemass, Trouble and Saint Vitus that I played him. I thought he'd like it : O

He does that fucking gay thing that punks do though when they kind of find metal pretentious or feel the bands take themselves too seriously.
Many people absolutely can't stand Candlemass. I guess they're overly theatrical and histrionic for them.

I thought everyone knew Wolves in the Throne Room was liked by hipsters. Again not sure why, WITTR are kind of mediocre and boring.

Bloodbath is the universally liked death metal band
Maybe within the metal community but not outside it.

There's a bunch of indie hipsters getting into Burzum.
I've noticed this too. It's strange because Burzum has a lot of things I wouldn't expect people to like. Maybe Satanstoenail is right about just wearing the shirts.

Some answers here are just beyond ridiculous. Baroness?
Come on, people. Metallica! Everyone loves Metallica, or pretends he loathes them due to excessive popularity.
Maybe in 1994 but not now.

I have noticed a lot of Amon Amarth in people's libraries that have no other metal in them; listed along side shit like Akon and My Chemical Romance.
Probably because they are death metal minus everything that is objectionable about death metal like deep growls, lack of melody, percussiveness, and gore/death/satan themes.