Metal band for non metalheads.

Which metal band is most liked by non-metalheads?

• Burzum

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Wolves In The Throne Room

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Metallica

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Black Sabbath

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Sunn O

• Mastodon

• Judas Priest

• Megadeth

• Pantera

• ISIS

• Cannibal Corpse

• In Flames

• Opeth

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Others

• Total voters

Badbird

Never banned
Oct 14, 2009
Ayn Rand is dead hahahahaha
I have seen reviews of bands like Sunn O and Mastodon from non metal sites,and they both get great reviews from them.On the other hand like sites like this,people don't like both of them.
What other bands do you people think that are like by non-metalheads?

I would imagine Sun O would be one of those bands that you would need to be into metal to get into. Thats very strange. As for Mastodon, thats understandable.

Sunn O))), Mastodon, and Baroness are all bands that non-metal people seem to like. I don't understand why non-metal people like them but I've never liked this kinds of bands. There's probably something that bands like this do that appeals to non-metal people that simultaneously irks me. I don't know exactly what it is but something bugs me about these bands.

I also don't like when non-metal people act like they have discovered in bands like this the truly good parts about the otherwise horrible genre of metal, and that it's only close-minded elitists and fanboys that are keeping Mastodon et al. from reaching the heights of metal fandom. It's fine and good when a band can have a wide appeal, but metal should be for metal fans and judged on those standards, not to the tastes of hipsters and main stream media reviewers.

Sunn O))), Mastodon, and Baroness are all bands that non-metal people seem to like. I don't understand why non-metal people like them but I've never liked this kinds of bands. There's probably something that bands like this do that appeals to non-metal people that simultaneously irks me. I don't know exactly what it is but something bugs me about these bands.

I also don't like when non-metal people act like they have discovered in bands like this the truly good parts about the otherwise horrible genre of metal, and that it's only close-minded elitists and fanboys that are keeping Mastodon et al. from reaching the heights of metal fandom. It's fine and good when a band can have a wide appeal, but metal should be for metal fans and judged on those standards, not to the tastes of hipsters and main stream media reviewers.

I keep wondering why hipster love bands like Mastodon.They haven't done anything new that been done before and yet they are loved by sites like Pitchfork.I know Black Sabbath and Metallica are like by a lot of non metalheads too.

Funny how non-metal listeners like a bunch of shitty metal bands if any. Really it is. But then again it would be normal.

I haven't seen any IRL instances but I've seen several pictures of scenesters wearing Burzum shirts. Sad, since I love Burzum. But meh.