What are the top selling metal bands of all time?

Can be added Emperor and Satyricon to the list? not as 'the top selling band ones' but their sales should be among the biggest of the BM style. ITNE was really sucessful on that matter if I remember well.

Can be added Emperor and Satyricon to the list? not as 'the top selling band ones' but their sales should be among the biggest of the BM style. ITNE was really sucessful on that matter if I remember well.

Don't know about Satyricon but I know Emperor has sold around .5 million record, which IMO is pretty significant for a black metal band barring sellouts like Cradle of Filth

I'm thinking the highest selling Industrial Metal band is probably Ministry. As for Death Metal, I'm pretty sure it's Cannibal Corpse.

On black metal, Immortal seems to be a best seller too. On doom is kinda hard for me...My Dying Bride? Paradise Lost? Candlemass? Anathema? I'm not sure if they sell a lot or not.

On progressive, Dream Theater must be the top selling one. Opeth I guess sells a lot too. I also guess the classics from power metal should sell considerably well. The amount of power metal merchandising available is ridiculous.

Hannah Montana and all her girlfriends are buying Iron Maiden cds and merch. That's why.

I would think Fear Factory has sold more than Ministry, no?

I'm pretty sure that's a negative. Fear Factory (to my knowledge) never had any sort of mainstream hit that would warrant a fuckton of record sales. Ministry (from my recollection of what I read in Manson's book) was selling 50,000 records back in the early 90's, before Psalm 69 was even out.