What are you G.A.S.ing for right now?

Either on of those:
engl_savage_120_e610.jpg

537506.jpg

537502.jpg

"may not be the most accurate representation of your music"

Never heard that said about the 650's before...

^ I have.

I compared them and HD 600 is more neutral, having a bit less bass and a bit more mids.

They still are mildly coloured phones, but are pretty good for detail and while not totally flat, are balanced.

^ I have.

I compared them and HD 600 is more neutral, having a bit less bass and a bit more mids.

They still are coloured phones, but are pretty good for detail and while not totally flat, are neutral.

Talk about contradictions right there:loco:

I do own the HD 650 since 2 years ago.

Actually, I deeply love it. I think I can hear more subtle details on it than on my Yamaha HS80m speakers BECAUSE OF MY ROOM (I insist on that, because I live in a noisy room, and I absolutely cannot do anything to improve that because I'm in a residency that is also a bit of an hotel).
For example, I really understood why the last Gojira album is so wonderfully produced because of my HD650. I can clearly get the balanced interactions between intstruments, the drums, how they sit etc.

It is clear, bass response is quite precise (but is less boomy than other I have tested, which is not a bad thing in itself). As it is opened, you still need some calm to mix because you clearly hear the environment with them (there is only a grill and some foam between you and the sound sources).

I often put them on for crucial points in my mixing. It sort of suck because that would be preferable to perform that with my monitors, but as my room sucks a lot, it's still useful to know I can count on the 650 to compare.

I do own the HD 650 since 2 years ago.

Actually, I deeply love it. I think I can hear more subtle details on it than on my Yamaha HS80m speakers BECAUSE OF MY ROOM (I insist on that, because I live in a noisy room, and I absolutely cannot do anything to improve that because I'm in a residency that is also a bit of an hotel).
For example, I really understood why the last Gojira album is so wonderfully produced because of my HD650. I can clearly get the balanced interactions between intstruments, the drums, how they sit etc.

I do own a pair myself (both Hs80 + HD650) but i rarely listend in my headphones nowdays. Although i agree with the previous post about them being well balanced. Have quite a bit of low end and have good balanced mids. The high end is also clean and bright without sounding harsh, so they are really good i would say. Not flattering but honest sounding.

But the reason why i dont use em as much as i used to is because i have a kick ass room nowdays :) But i do recommend them

I envy you. I definitely feel the potential of those little yamahas, but I had to change my plans. I wanted to buy acoustic treatment but it's impossible here at the moment to set up a "more correct" room, acoustically speaking.
Fun you answer this, I have visited your website yesterday and noticed you had the Hs80m too :)

I envy you. I definitely feel the potential of those little yamahas, but I had to change my plans. I wanted to buy acoustic treatment but it's impossible here at the moment to set up a "more correct" room, acoustically speaking.
Fun you answer this, I have visited your website yesterday and noticed you had the Hs80m too :)

Yeah i really like the HS80 (if anyone missed that :D) I dont feel any need to upgrade to mid-range monitors (genelec,adam a7 etc) If im gonna upgrade the i do it for good --> high end, such as K&H o300, Opals etc.

Of course the Yamaha's aren't perfect, they have flaws but then again for what they'll cost there is not much to talk about. Back to the HD650 :loco: