What are you listening to today?

I listened to an alltime fave album last night, been a while actually...Aeronautics by Masterplan...frakkin masterpiece of melodic metal (Jorn's vocals, the songwriting, it all comes together). Too bad they lost Jorn & Uli Kusch and now they're mediocre :(

Nevermore - My Acid Words

Bad ass tune indeed! Hell, "This Godless Endeavor" is an all around ass kicker for sure... :headbang:

Seventh Wonder - Welcome to Mercy Falls

Andreas on the SW forum was nice enough to post the full song of that plus two other samples. All of them kick fucking ass!!
:kickass:

Tomorrow's Eve - The Tower
Dark Suns - Grave Human Genuine

Both are German progressive metal bands with great potential...give 'em a try.

At the moment I am listening to a hell of a lot of Bal Sagoth... Really one of the most underrated, truly unique metal bands of our time.

Yeah, they're worth a try! Just listened to the songs on myspace... guess I need some runs to enjoy them more, but they're quite good!

Right now I'm listening to "Swim" of In Flames (of the album Clayman), I love the riff after the first chorus, amazing! :headbang:

Seventh Wonder - Welcome to Mercy Falls

Andreas on the SW forum was nice enough to post the full song of that plus two other samples. All of them kick fucking ass!!
:kickass:

I just checked them out, cool song! The other two samples are great as well. Thanks for the hint bro! :kickass:

Currently--and yet again--Seventh Wonder - Welcome to Mercy Falls!!!
Also bought "Mercenary - Architect of Lies". These guys can sure pelt out ass-kickery consistently... Still, I somewhat like "The Hours that Remain" a little better.

I can't wait for my copy of 'Payment Of Existence'.

right now its Maidens 'Dance Of Death'. Not thier best release...but Paschendale and Montsegur are tremendous songs.

I've been surfing youtube for a while now checking out random bands. I found a few I could really get into so far. Like Persuader (imagine early Blind Guardian with some thrash elements), Warmen (especially Roppongi Rumble which has the sickest bass riff I've heard to-date), and Jag Panzer (some awsome oldschool powermetal band which origionally had Megadeth's guitarist)

Last edited by a moderator:
Iced Earth - Divide and Devour
"I am the god of hell fire!!! Inside every man there lives a liar!!!"

Oh

Hell

Fucking

Yes!!! :kickass:

I've been surfing youtube for a while now checking out random bands. I found a few I could really get into so far. Like Persuader (imagine early Blind Guardian with some thrash elements), Warmen (especially Roppongi Rumble which has the sickest bass riff I've heard to-date), and Jag Panzer (some awsome oldschool powermetal band which origionally had Megadeth's guitarist)

If you like Persuader, check out Savage Circus with the same vocalist and Stauch on the drums. It's Stauch's answer to BG getting farther away from speed metal.