What are you listening to today?

YES!
Can't say I'm a big fan or very familiar with Scar Symm...but this may change, "Holographic Universe" does sound very killer! These guys seem to have a nice mix of metal styles in thier music, with a powerful modern new sound.

Scar Symmetry runs hot & cold with me...I remember first hearing them when the debut hit, was struck by the tandem smooth clean vocals and super beefy growls. Some songs have too much of a downtuned guitar tone that turns me off...but I'll check out the new one.

um the new scar symmetry is godly, best new band to come out in the last 3 years -jonah w-

Yeah, Scar Symmetry seem to be a great band, just listened to the myspace-tracks of the new album - awesome! :kickass: I'll check out the whole album.

And I listened to Opeth the other day - their new album is stunning as well!

Everyone should check out this killer melodeath doom band Before the Dawn... I've never been a big doom fan, but this group has excellent, beautiful melodies that soar through slow to mid tempo songs. Utterly beautiful stuff.

"can I believe what I saw in the night,
can I believe I was right,
the face of a demon with eyes turning black...
Nosferatu"

Killer song by Bloodbound with amazing vocals! By the way, who's that singer? :lol:

Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia

Great combination of Doom, Goth, and Thrash all on one album...

Iced Earth - Cruicible of Man, again.

I really like this album now, but find it lacking at the same time...

I've been listening to "Immortal" alot at work. "The Highland" is a beautiful song. I fucking love the whole album, even the songs I wasn't that into at first.

Right now, Evergrey - Fail
It's from their upcoming album, Torn. They recently released the full song for download and it's fucking great. Making me hungry as hell for the album. It's definately going to be one of this year's top releases.

MIRACLE! Even though its a winter moment...in honor of the Olympics and the greatest moment in US sports history...could listen to this anytime.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwpTj_Z9v-c&feature=related[/ame]

Hell yeah, great flick :)

Did you see US Men's swimming team crush everyone in the 800 meter freestyle relay? They broke the world record by 5 seconds...by the last lap, the camera pretty much had to pan backwards to see the other swimmers :lol:

Hmmm...... today I am listening to The Goo Goo Dolls. I screwed up and dropped my Dizzy CD and then stepped on it on accident a couple of months ago. I found another browsing a used merchandise store earlier today.

Bryant