What are you listening to today?

Amon Amarth and Slayer - just for remember the last night. Amon Amarth were great, Slayer kicked ass and my neck hurts from banging my head.

ay... u with getting ur unholy alliance like a year earlier then us... screw u :(

well... erm... i saw amon amarth with ensiferum and belphegor :hotjump:

Listening to some old-school shit. These guys have been around for sometime and are known for some corny-ballad tunes...at the same time can be very heavy, amazing vocals, incredible melodies and duo guitar playing at its best!

Strypers-Soldiers Under Command live from PR 04'...one of thier heaviest and best songs ever.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMBSusSxmXA&feature=related[/ame]

Xmas is near, I searched my TSO albums, listen to them and watch some snowflakes outside the window.

I hear that. Not a December goes by where I don't give some of those CDs a spin.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Pagan's Mind. Especially "Osiris' Triumphant Return". Holy shit what a slaughtering song!! :kickass:

Xmas is near, I searched my TSO albums, listen to them and watch some snowflakes outside the window.

Yeah, winter fell across Germany and Austria yesterday. In Vienna it's quite windy too. This weather got me listening to Immortal's 'At the Heart of Winter' again. Whenever I listen to that album it makes me imagine walking through a rough winter landscape: the sun is up but still it's ice-cold, the wind is sweeping across the land, everything is covered by snow, icicles are everywhere in sight... brrrr... I'll get my coat now. :)

Listening to a lot of Iron Maiden (particularly Dance of Death, an excellent and underrated Maiden album)

It's easy to see why they are such a beloved and influential band.

Agreed.
D.O.D. material is very good...but not thier best production / sound. Montsegur and Paschendale are 2-of my fav.s.

keepin the same theme, I just busted out (again) Brave New World wich was the start of Maidens more recent resurgent modern releases and one of thier best CDs IMO. Ghost Of The Navigator and Blood Brothers are amazing songs. Like it a bit better than D.O.D.

Rock In Rio is also great fun! The live versions of all the Brave New World material is killer.

UP THE IRONS!:headbang:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHWicT9thPo&feature=related[/ame]

^ I agree with the entirety of the above post

Although whenever I see "D.O.D." I think of Department Of Defense :D

the DOG knows his stuff!:D

I was thinking DOD effects pedals for guitars as well.

also liking the Borealis material...good rec.