What are you listening to today?

Just got my LP Ltd Ed. of Amon Amarth's Twilight of the Thundergod. And must I say its a big step in a NEW direction for them. And honestly I really love it, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I suggest anyone to atleast buy the cd, good piece of music!

*************Hey homies, as per the first post, we are all guilty of turning this into a list thread... lets all try to explore the music we are listening to a bit more, what we like about it, where they are from, ect (for those who do not know the band)

Moonspell - Wolf Heart

Really, in the past I saw Moonspell at a Cradle of Filth show, and the band just flat out put me to sleep. But, that was almost seven ears ago, and my tastes have drastically changed. I decided to give these guys a try, and damn they are sick!

Portugese metal that appears to bridge many genres (goth, black, heavy metal with some Danzig like passages)

Really good stuff, highly recommending this release for those with an open mind.

Moonspell - Wolf Heart

That album is amazing, really worth checking out! Vaampiiiriiiaaaaaaaaa... :)

I've also got Irreligious, their following release. It's quite good, but not as great as Wolf Heart. I just looked it up, it was released in 1996! They've been one of the first metal-bands that grabbed me. Didn't think it was so long ago, seems I'm getting old. :lol: Seriously, somehow I lost them out of sight after Irreligious, don't know if they still release good music. However, Wolf Heart really is a masterpiece! :kickass:

That album is amazing, really worth checking out! Vaampiiiriiiaaaaaaaaa... :)

I've also got Irreligious, their following release. It's quite good, but not as great as Wolf Heart. I just looked it up, it was released in 1996! They've been one of the first metal-bands that grabbed me. Didn't think it was so long ago, seems I'm getting old. :lol: Seriously, somehow I lost them out of sight after Irreligious, don't know if they still release good music. However, Wolf Heart really is a masterpiece! :kickass:

They have had a bumpy road, with some major ups and downs, but their newest material Night Eternal (2008) sees a return to the excellence of their early work, and quite frankly, is their best since Wolfheart

Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi

Just a quick question for those that have all the TM discs. On MV, there are quite a few songs that sound like Urban has a lisp. It's not a big deal, but I do notice it.

At first I thought it was maybe just CM's production quality (look at some of Iced Earths releases with them) and didn't think anything of it. Then I threw in Bloodbound, and low and behold I heard a lisp on some of those.

Do all of Tad Moroses entries with Urban sound that way? Has anyone but me noticed this with some of the songs?

BTW, this is in no way a dig at Urban, he's a bad ass vocalist, and I CANNOT wait to hear him with Pyramaze!

Devin Townsend - Things Beyond Things

I always scramble for the stop button after the song is done as Devin's--... oh SHIT! *hits stop* whew... That was close...

Anyways... man that maniacal scream can nearly give me a fucking heart attack everytime even though I know it's coming. It's logical that it's on there of course: to remind you of just who the fuck he is! :D

I always listen to some CDs when sleeping but this part has--6/10 times--caused me to jump awake in a cold sweat.

Death Magnetic now... bought it today well aware of what I was purchasing. Still, the "grid" on my stereo almost never leaves the red level. I also typically have the volume at 16 when listening to most CDs, on this one - even 14 is pretty high lol. The loudness war hopefully won't get any louder than this... otherwise it'll sound like someone ripping an hour-long fart into a bullhorn.

Edit: I just read that Lar$ is overly satisfied with the final product and doesn't want it changed. Chalk it up to a huge shocker there.

Do all of Tad Moroses entries with Urban sound that way? Has anyone but me noticed this with some of the songs?

Answer to the first question: Yes. To the second one: Maybe. :)

Well, hm... to me Urban's "s" sounds usual, I can't hear a lisp! You said "some of the songs"... counterquestion: can someone who lisps 'switch' it off anytime? I don't think so, so you probably would hear it on every song. To me, at least 90% of Urban's "s" sound ordinary, only a few sound indistinct (as with every other singer). I'd blame the mic, the production or... whatever.

he's a bad ass vocalist, and I CANNOT wait to hear him with Pyramaze!

Agreed! :kickass:

Death Magnetic now... bought it today well aware of what I was purchasing. Still, the "grid" on my stereo almost never leaves the red level. I also typically have the volume at 16 when listening to most CDs, on this one - even 14 is pretty high lol. The loudness war hopefully won't get any louder than this... otherwise it'll sound like someone ripping an hour-long fart into a bullhorn.

Edit: I just read that Lar$ is overly satisfied with the final product and doesn't want it changed. Chalk it up to a huge shocker there.
Yeah, I think Lars' ears are shot from years of being a metal drummer...or he just doesn't give a shit...or both

Between the Buried and Me - Alaska

A friend of mine recommended this band to me a while back, and I gave them a listen, and hated them. It sounded like a wall of hardcore noise.

I picked up this album on recommendation recently and must say it SLAYS!

Dream Theater - The Killing Hand

This one was meant for Dominici!! :kickass:

Only thing is the ending of the song--to me--seems kinda fucked... Kinda reminds me a little of Stratovarius' "Dreamspace", which is a great song and also ends on an eerie note, only better though. =D