What are you listening to today?

Try Kamelots Epica... your mind WILL change!

Alright, I'll give Kamelot a try! Just listened to the short samples of Epica on amazon.de and they're much better than I expected! :)

As there are songs called 'Prologue' and 'Interlude' I assume it's a concept album, right?

Right now I'm listening to Morgana Lefay, one of my absolute favorites... 'To Isengard' is amazing! They've got so many incredible songs, maybe I can post some here...

So, here we go. I found this two amazing songs on youtube. Rooms Of Sleep is the opener from one of my favorite albums ever, The Secret Doctrine. Hope you enjoy! :headbang:

Unfortunately I couldn't find Mad Messiah, the start of the guitar solo is just incredible. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man

I have read some mixed reviews of this album, and after several days of digesting it, I have this to say: It slays!

Musically, it is very Iced Earth, but Schaffer has never really been the draw of this band, but the mighty Barlow, and I feel that his time in Pyramaze has really opened up his range, and he does some of his finest work on this album.

Not to mention that Come What May is without a doubt my favorite song the band has ever done. Yes. I went there.

Overall the album gets a 7/10

[ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=42863126"]INMORIA - Come Insanity[/ame]

IF I SAY 'FUCK' TWO MORE TIMES, DATS FORTY 'FUCKS' IN DIS FUCKED UP RHYME
YEEH COME ON!! EV'YBODY KNOWS IT'S ON!!

USM - Silver Step Child

Vastly underrated--basically Balance of Power without Lance. Tony's singing, and he's certainly an adequate vocalist IMO, and, damn, these guys can write some good songs. If you liked BOP with Lance and with John (and especially if you liked the first one w/ Tony singing), you should definitely check this out.

I bought the new Amon Amarth release today, so I'm just listening to... Metallica right now... just kidding :loco:

I hardly believed that our record stores in Vienna will have this cd on release date... but I found it! The limited edition with bonus cd + dvd!

First, it really looks amazing: like a little book, the band name is debossed, all lyrics, live photos... really great! And the music is... ahem... awesome! Every song! :)

I read several reviews that said their old stuff is better, they just copy their old albums etc... Well, I cannot say whether this is true or not as it's my first AA-album. To me, the riffs are amazing, powerful but there is always a hook to follow, great melodies, the production is good... And I got the other songs that I like on the bonus disc (Cry of the Black Birds, Pursuit of Vikings,...)! What else could I ask for? THIS ALBUM SLAYS! :headbang:

Because we are... we are the Guardiaaaans... the Guardians of Aaaasgaaaaard! :)

<--- Amon Amarth - Guardians Of Asgaard [Amon_Amarth-Twilight_Of_The_Thunder_God-(Advance)-2008-FNT] 04:23 [Death Metal]

I'm with ya...never listened to much of these guys, but I'm diggin this so far :)

I'm with ya...never listened to much of these guys, but I'm diggin this so far :)

The dvd is great as well! Kinda funny seeing Johan even growl when talking to the fans. :)

Oh, I didn't expect anything when clicking on that link... but, wow, when the vocals started I knew immediately it only can be Charles, such an unique voice! That song is impressive, all seems to go insane, the voice, guitars... the other songs on their my-space are great too!

Thanks for posting this vid, Chrissie! :kickass:
I probably would have missed that band. Tad Morose + Morgana Lefay = Inmoria, now that's interesting! Especially as I don't really expect TM's next release to be that good, though they changed their vocalist again. Now it's Ronny Hemlin of Steel Attack, guess that some know this guy.

I'm not so sure about the new Amon Amarth. I've only heard the 2 songs they put on Myspace, which are very good, but not as good as their past 3 albums which are amazing.
Either way, I'm planning to buy it this week and hopefully it'll be good enough to shut me up :p

Twilight Of The Thunder God is kinda hit n miss for me...love the first 3 tracks, but after that not as good. I listened to With Oden On Our Side and I found that to be much better...I'll give it a couple more spins to decide if I'll buy it :)

MANITOU...these guys crank!
Markku Pihlaja has to be one of the best singers I've heard.

just ordered 'Deadlock', not thier latest CD but probably thier best and heaviest.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5nbAgNhGDU&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfDhdSRcIFQ&feature=related[/ame]

<--- Metallica - All Nightmare Long [Metallica-Death_Magnetic-(Digipak)-2008-IDmp3] 07:58 [Metal]

lovin' this :kickass:

Just listened to this song, it really kicks ass! That's Metallica as I want them to be! :kickass:

Twilight Of The Thunder God is kinda hit n miss for me...love the first 3 tracks, but after that not as good. I listened to With Oden On Our Side and I found that to be much better...I'll give it a couple more spins to decide if I'll buy it :)

Hm... the first three are the most catchy ones I think, but I really like every song on it! Just listen to that amazing intro of 'Tattered Banners' for example :)

MANITOU...these guys crank!
Markku Pihlaja has to be one of the best singers I've heard.

just ordered 'Deadlock', not thier latest CD but probably thier best and heaviest.

Oh yes, thanks Muz, there seems to be yet another great band... from Skandinavia! Is there something in their water that supports creativity or what's the reason why almost any great band comes from Denmark, Sweden, Finland or Norway? Unbelievable! :)

I'll listen to Twilight some more...but damn, I'm definitely picking up With Oden On Our Side!

<--- Amon Amarth - Prediction Of Warfare [Amon_Amarth-With_Oden_on_Our_Side-2CD-Limited_Edition-2006-BERC_INT] 06:38 [Death Metal]

:kickass: