What are you listening to today?

Almost up to the first minute I was worried it was some rejected track from Blind Guardian. :D I, too, shall hear them many a time from this day forward. :)

Serenity is some good stuff...a bit lite for me but worth checking out.

Unrelated note-been listening to some new Candlebox-'Into The Sun' thier latest cd in over 10 years. Never was really into the 90's alternative rock grunge scene, but for some reason Candlebox caught me and I've always liked them. Kevin Martin is one of the best singers out there and still sounds great...just saw thier concert in Hampton NH a few weeks ago and it was fantastic!
For the metalheads that may want to checkout something different...

Last edited by a moderator:
Serenity is some good stuff...a bit lite for me but worth checking out.

Agreed! Serenity is quite a good band, shame on me that I didn't know them by now, they're from Austria as Arnold and me. :) But in my opinion they lack a little power and heaviness, just as Kamelot. I enjoy listening, but there's something missing though.

Donno, hard to choose between my 2 favorite bands. :erk:

I just wanted to listen to their new album on myspace, but it's not online anymore. :erk: At least I could listen to Broken Wings, an amazing opener! I'll surely have to get my hands on this release.

Pyramaze is without a doubt my favorite band (be it with Lance, Matt or Urban), but I expect a hard fight for my no.2: Evergrey, Communic or Tad Morose. I still haven't got an album of any of these three bands, but I'll have to change that soon, they're all amazing!

Iced Earth will not be able to hold 2nd position after the release of Crucible Of Man. Never thought I might say that about an album with Matt on vocals, but: it's boring... I possibly might change my mind as I've just listened to the myspace-songs, but after extensive listening I still don't like any of these samples. :mad: Sad but true...

Iced Earth will not be able to hold 2nd position after the release of Crucible Of Man. Never thought I might say that about an album with Matt on vocals, but: it's boring... I possibly might change my mind as I've just listened to the myspace-songs, but after extensive listening I still don't like any of these samples. :mad: Sad but true...
Yeah it took me a while to get into the new IE as well. Though I must say, it's really grown on me. Not my favorite release from the band, but it starts to sound better after a while.

As far as Communic, Evergrey and Tad Morose, man, I can see where the toss up would be haha. Though I'd have to say Communic edges the others out a bit where I'm concerned. Especially after their latest release!

Listening to today: Rage for Order. I never get tired of it. :)

As for the discussion above, I'd have to say Evergrey, then Tad Morose. Communic I don't really like too much--they're not bad, just too Nevermore-ish for me. I'd rather pull out Dead Heart or DNB. :)

Wow, a man who agrees with me! I can't believe it!!!:headbang::)

Me neither! :lol:

Seriously, I've got Siége Perilous and I like it and a band need not necessarily be heavy to match my taste. But in case of the so-called power metal I prefer bands like Pyramaze, Morgana Lefay and Iced Earth over Kamelot, Serenity or even Dream Theater. I don't want to take anything away from these bands, guess it's just a matter of ... taste? ... preference? :)

Amon Amarth- Guardians of Asgaard

They just uploaded it on their myspace.... IT FUCKING SLAYS!!!!

HOLY TRASH, It smashes so hard..
Man, seen the new album cover too? Odins look heavy as hell and Mjolnir's boutsta crush that Sea Serpents* face in... epic.

l_220a1ebe8421e60f5ba66a3d8687841a.jpg

Yesterday I saw Sabaton live, so I've been listening to them a lot lately (and especially today, can't stop listening to them!). Very, very kickass band! And their live show is fucking insane. Highly recommended to anyone who gets the chance!