What are you listening to today?

Lots of kickass actual metal in Saint's Row 2. I think the station is called 106.66 Krunch or something. I was too busy running over hookers to really pay attention.

One of my fave Death metal albums of all time
Vile - The New Age Of Chaos - Deafening Silence

if u like death metal i really recommend this album its amazing

Volbeat - I only wanna be with you

Some samples on their page are quite good, but this cover version is really great.

I just noticed that Volbeat are coming to Vienna as well, with Stuck Mojo... grrrr... I wanna see PYRAMAZE! I'd really like to get to Denmark somehow to see them live. Must be incredible, especially as it is rumored that Urban's a hell of frontman!

Is there any chance we get to hear or see something of the shows? Audio sample? Video sample? And if it's only a part of one song, that would truly (pyr)amazing! :)

Iced Earth - Something Wicked Part 1 (the song)

And I just wanna say, that even though I totally prefer Matt's vocals, on this song, Ripper really shines. This is definately one of his best vocal performances in IE. I doubt Matt would have done as good on this one.

Well we'll see soon now won't we!

Indeed, indeed... :err: Jon apparantly wanted to add 4 more songs to Part 2 when the box set comes out. :kickass:

So then, listening to At Vance - Eye of the Tiger... I gotta see if I can find a Rocky box set somewheres by the way. :D

Edit - Now it's Serenity - Oceans of Ruby
HELLS YEAH SON!!

Ravenheart - Valley of the Damned

Nothing original but the vocals are awesome and very bombastic, very catchy and uplifting shit, kinda like Rhapsody but catchy instead of tear-jerking-laughter-inducing.

I just ordered it. Recommended!

Listening to...
Simliar piano parts in 2-great songs. Legacy in a Rhyme and Someone Else from Queensryche. Could only find QR's vid as a live song...1st of 2 vids below.

I wonder if Jonah was influenced at all by QR here? I hope J- doesn't get caught for ripping here and I'm not implying that he is. Honestly, I think Legacy is a better song with Jonahs playing expanding and becoming much better. Similar riff is when Matts vocals kick in. Did anyone else notice this?...thought it was kinda cool.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giG__1TgN_E&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Jonah was influenced at all by QR here? I hope J- doesn't get caught for ripping here and I'm not implying that he is. Honestly, I think Legacy is a better song with Jonahs playing expanding and becoming much better. Similar riff is when Matts vocals kick in. Did anyone else notice this?...thought it was kinda cool.

Sounds really somewhat similar! I like 'Legacy In A Rhyme' much more though, such an emotional song. And Jonah's playing on that song is really outstanding - as usual! :worship: