What are you listening to today?

Listening to and watching ROB ROCK live from Atlanta. Great singer of course, along with great players here. Always liked his material but seeing this performance live gave me new appreciation for the talent and musicianship of these performers. Such a great live sound!
Wondering if this is from the same PPF show that PYRAMAZE performed at?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJjO9EuHT3o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Hey Burnt,

I do slightly remember this release. I certainly will be revisiting this again. Thanks for reminding me.

I was listening to a new Avantasia album that, honestly, I really don't care about. Some of the songs were almost reminiscent from the old days where Sammet wrote listenable songs. I noticed he had Joe Lynn Turner on the list of singers which is a good idea but that brings up another glaring issue; Sammet should just write the songs and especially... STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE MIC! He's been fucking terrible for years. I have the worst of buyer's remorse for buying anything from Edguy's - Rocket Ride and Avantasia - The Scarecrow onward. I didn't particularly fancy his old shaky vocal style, but that was light years ahead of this awful shit he managed to convince himself he can do.

The mighty Gods are back! New track from Deceiver of The Gods.
I already have my Mayhem Fest tix...can't wait to see Amon Amarth.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z3spJ_z3Es&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

All I can say is HOLY FUCK! Last night I went to a concert that my company was putting on. We had two local bands (Death Valley Driver [kind of a Crowbar meets Lamb of God band] and Orchids Curse (extreme prog screamo something)) open up and they got the crowd pretty amp'd up.

What came next completely blew me away. GOATWHORE. The brain child of ex-Crowbar & Acid Bath guitarist Sammy Duet. Louisiana groove blackened death metal. Absolutely fucking insane. Their bass/percussion bombastic assault is without a doubt the absolute tightest rhythm section I have EVER heard. These fuckers played so damned loud and heavy they actually blew the speakers apart above the stage.

Now I went through my black/death metal stage almost seventeen years ago, and really havent looked back at it, but these guys - these guys made me love death metal again. It was an absolute pleasure to meet the guys and drink with them, shoot the shit about the industry, people we know in common etc.

Closing the show was Canada's own 3 Inches of Blood. I've never been a fan of theirs, even though the vocalist sounds like a clone of a younger Halford while singing about metal, battle, vikings and the like. But they broke out into a medley of covers (Rush, Sabbath, Dio) and that got me to pay a bit more attention. Had a stellar conversation with their guitarist after the show and I wish we could have talked longer, we agreed to stay in touch via email as 3 Inches is on tour for several more months promoting their newest album.

Today, after waking up at six a.m. yesterday, working for 12 hours, rushing home to shower, change and rush to the venue and have my senses bombarded until 330 AM not getting any sleep and returning to work another 12 hours all I've been doing is BLASTING Goatwhore's newest album Blood For the Masters. Fucking EPIC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some samples of Timo Tolkki's Avalon - The Land of New Hope. Expecting sheer disappointment, I heard this one song and I was pleasantly surprised:

:D

Goatwhore - Apocalyptic Havoc (from Carving Out the Eyes of God)

Saw theses guys a few weeks ago with 3 Inches of Blood. Fucking awesome show, despite the small turnout. Awesome dudes, shared a bottle of Jack with them. Great bunch of dudes and definitely worth checking out live!

At the moment, some samples of a few new Persuader songs on their Facebook page.

I always had a soft spot for them since their debut album "The Hunter" was released, but didn't like "When Eden Burns" all that much. Mostly due to the very odd sounding production. Jens Carlsson is fucking masterful as always. :D

Charred Walls of the Damned: Cold Winds on Timeless Days

I know it's been out for a bit, but I just can't stop listening to this album. Steve Digiorgio and Richard Christy kill it, and Tim Owens is reliable as always. This is my favorite album going on a while now, and recommend it to all of you, though I'm sure plenty of you are already familiar.

PS: Pyra-fan since the first album, and have always dredged the forums, but never saw fit to make an account till now.

Some songs from Outworld. Up to now, the album has been very hard to find. But I finally came across some sellers on Amazon, so I ordered it up. Never thought the day would come. :D

Edit: It only took around 7 years before I had a hope of ordering it anywhere.

A huge thanks to Rebel Tide Records for re-issuing this beast! :hotjump:

Some songs from Outworld. Up to now, the album has been very hard to find. But I finally came across some sellers on Amazon, so I ordered it up. Never thought the day would come. :D

Edit: It only took around 7 years before I had a hope of ordering it anywhere.

A huge thanks to Rebel Tide Records for re-issuing this beast! :hotjump:

Like OUTWORLD featuring Rusty Cooley on guitar? Grabbed that one when it first came out and really was into it for a while...good stuff.:headbang:

Listening to TYRs new track- Blood Of Heroes. The epic summer continues w/ Amon Amarth, Suidakra and now Tyr's new release.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aONcdN0Weiw&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

Fucking KELDIAN!

As a proud contributor to the new album "Outbound," I heard both "Burn the Sky" and "Morning Light Mountain." Neither of these samples have been fully mastered or mixed (even though the production is perfect!). Not only haven't they missed a step, but have vastly improved. The choruses themselves are addictive as fuck! To me, Sundancer has been shoved firmly aside by comparison. Both songs are really that fucking good!!! (...in my humblest opinion of course)

As much as I would love to share these songs... the band requested us not to do so as it's a special preview meant only for the contributors, and considering they are an extremely unknown band that makes music cause they love it, I respect their wishes... No matter how much I want to share this level of metal mastery.

Those who haven't funded the album on indiegogo (shame on you! :D), it should be released sometime in October. I hugely recommend anyone to buy this from their website when it is released!

I bought the first two ages ago before they became free. Hanging out for this new album. I hope on average the songs are heavier, songs like good of war kick arse.

taking a lil break from growly death metal with some good old power metal...

Dream Evil-
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_otf-mQyL0&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

Primal Fear-
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZFl88eZcCU&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

I listened to that song a couple times, it's a grower for me but rewarding. I especially love the last two choruses! Very dark and bombastic and all that shnit! I'll be pre-ordering this the second it becomes available for sure! :headbang: