What are you listening to today?

Thats nice! There is a reason he is in my top 3 ;)!!!

yeah hes pretty good, look at bloodbound 2 very average generic albums ( couple of good songs like Nosferatu, desdemonamelia) then Tabula Rasa which was really good then back to generic.....

im digging the "new" iced earth distopia, after giving up on iced earth after barlow left the first time i am quite liking it.

I've gone from new Van Halen to Heidvolk...nothing like diversity right? ;)

Listening to the new Heidvolk CD- Batavi. Wow, have they taken a step up in overall sound quality etc!
I don't love everything they put out (similar as to amon amarth)...but some of thier stuff is epic as shite pure metal-madness!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptN7OI2TRDo&feature=related[/ame]

Sampling the new Dragonforce album which has leaked. I intended to buy it anyway but I'm impatient. I don't give a fuck what those ZP sheep think about Marc Hudson, I think he's amazing!

FEAR FACTORY - God Eater

I've sampled a few songs from the new album. Sadly there are really only 8 and aside from the aforementioned song, I'm a little disappointed. Burton's vocals are ballsy but terrible in the chorus for Disassemble, especially since I grew up loving his clean, melodic vocals and his harsh and clean combined vocals aren't really all that good. Maybe I've just outgrown FF...

However I think God Eater is both heavy and mellow at the same time, not too common for this band but it's good. I also like the break in Difference Engine.

It sucks that there aren't more songs on this album, and that the tracks that are songs aren't very long, but I'm still awaiting my pre-order in a few days.

Just listening to some songs of Threshold. Really dig what I hear, especially Slipstream and Ashes... two songs from different albums, featuring different singers... both are great though. I think the intro of Ashes has a Pyra-feel to it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey not bad! I kinda dropped Threshold after Dead Reckoning for reasons I forgot by this point, but I do remember all the songs just bored the shit outta me. Plus I didn't like Wilson's vocals based on Star One. But this. THIS... sounds great! :headbang:

Also, R.I.P. Mac.

Or is it "Kare-lot" now? :D

Anyhoo, Ashes to Ashes from the new Silverthorn album. Fucking great song, along with two others I sampled. Decided to pre-order the limited edition cause what I'm hearing kicks unspeakable (and untype-able) amounts of ass.

The shipment supposedly may arrive by halloween, somehow that seems appropriate.

i have been listening to this over and over and over trying to tab it..... god my ear sux!

Or is it "Kare-lot" now? :D

Anyhoo, Ashes to Ashes from the new Silverthorn album. Fucking great song, along with two others I sampled. Decided to pre-order the limited edition cause what I'm hearing kicks unspeakable (and untype-able amounts) of ass.

The shipment supposedly may arrive by halloween, somehow that seems appropriate.

Haha, guess what I did last weekend? :D

I got the confirmation that it is shipped yesterday. Usually it just takes a few days so I thought I'll get it along with the new Trail of Murder album on Monday, but according to the confirmation e-mail it seems it also arrives on Halloween or the day after.

It came appropriately on the 31st and....

*sigh*

Nope. Not doing anything for me. I'll run it through it's needed courses, curse you limited attention span! :(

My copy came today, just halfway through by now... too early for me to seriously judge it, but nothing compared to Shades of Art, the new Trail of Murder album. Quite different to Kamelot of course, but that album really blew me away. Check it out maybe, it's ridiculously good! Sheer power of Urban breed's vocals, amazing melodies and heavy nonetheless. Short samples are on amazon.de as well. Link is [ame="http://www.amazon.de/Shades-Art-Trail-Murder/dp/B0095LS7D2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351878408&sr=8-1"]here[/ame]. To order it, amazon.co.uk might be better for you though...

EDIT: I eventually found one song on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCTIpejd09Q

So, after a few more spins of the new Kamelot album I can't say I regret buying it... it's getting better with every other spin. Not that I'm completely blown away, but I like what I hear.

On the other hand, I have to mention the new Trail of Murder album once again. You guys probably now that I love Urban breed's vocals, but I did not expect such a great performance on that album. And as Daniel Olsson (also ex-Tad Morose) is on guitar, this almost feels like the new Tad Morose album, just a little different and a big step forward.

Here are two songs I found on youtube:

Catchy, sounds like they have a heavier AORish feel.
As for Kramalot--err Karelot-- yup it's been getting better after a few spins.

By the way I think we're the only ones here, sir. :D

Catchy, sounds like they have a heavier AORish feel.
As for Kramalot--err Karelot-- yup it's been getting better after a few spins.

By the way I think we're the only ones here, sir. :D

Only almost the only ones! Good to see the flame still a bit burning...

And in the meantime I really like most of the songs of Silverthorn.

@Burnt: That's a great song. I have the full album, it's quite ok, but this (and Invisible War with Jon Oliva) is the stand-out track to me.

Sooo I'm currently listening to Amorphis - Sampo. Good stuff. Also here's a kickass video to check out from a multi-vocalist band/project called "Diztord", this one features Thomas fucking Vikstrom!