What are you listening to today?

Ok holy fuck. Manticora - Roots of Eternity‼ Within minutes of hearing samples, I sauntered my ass over to Laser's Edge and ordered this sumbitch. I already have "8 Deadly Sins" by them but felt I should check out their debut. I'm ashamed I haven't given these guys more time on my playlist... but that's changing right now. :kickass:

I've been on more of a melodic rock and AOR sort of binge lately, now it's time to breaketh out the horns once again. :)

Ok holy fuck. Manticora - Roots of Eternity‼ Within minutes of hearing samples, I sauntered my ass over to Laser's Edge and ordered this sumbitch. I already have "8 Deadly Sins" by them but felt I should check out their debut. I'm ashamed I haven't given these guys more time on my playlist... but that's changing right now. :kickass:

I've been on more of a melodic rock and AOR sort of binge lately, now it's time to breaketh out the horns once again. :)

Manticora's a great band. Been listening to them for years. Don't know if you noticed but they're giving away their original demo album, Dead End Solution, for free on their website www.manticora.dk under the albums section.:headbang:

Two more Manticora albums... or rather should I consider it one across two discs? :D

img_1_pr.jpg
blackcircus2.jpg

And yes I love the way the two album covers connect, which was pointed out in the center of the booklet for "Disclosure", I just think it would have been cool for people to discover this on their own I think. :yell:

If I'm buying another album of theirs, I'm not sure which one. There's only "Darkness with Tales to Tell," and "Hyperion" left. :D

By the way, how is it that these geniuses are compared to Blind Guardian? I think I could easily have distinguished a difference between these albums and "A Twist of the Knife in my Back."

This is an Austrian metal band, and it's a real good one! They remind me a bit of Disturbed and Nickelback, though they really sound different. I like the whole album "From Pieces Created". It's their first album and they are currently working on their second one.

What I really like about their music: VOCALS! And the fact that they often come up with great riffs within the song! So make sure to listen to a whole song before judging it...

Here are two songs you could check out - or go to their myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/lastdayhereosterreich

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently enjoying one of my guilty pleasures: Lacrimas Profundere - The Grandiose Nowhere... cheesy, poppy goth rock of the worst order, but god is it catchy. For fans of early Poisonblack, Charon, HIM, ect.

Now Playing: Sanctuary - Into the Mirror Black; Behemoth - The Apostasy; Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase; Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy.

These motherfuckers in Sanctuary are making a comeback if you haven't heard. Warrel Dane has posted about it on his Myspace and Twitter pages as well as on Sanctuary's new Myspace. Can't fucking wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Labyrinth - Smoke and Dreams

Funny how this song completely destroys the title track on "A Midnight Autumn's Dream," even though "6 Days to Nowhere" is considered by some to be nu-metal... :err:

Maidens new Final Frontier is def growing on me...seems to be more inspired and enjoyable than thier last cpl efforts. UP THE IRONS!:headbang:
faves so far...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuxogb8Wz8w&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHtbQK0Fksk&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-9-HM[/ame]

Been mostly spinning the new Blind Guardian. An EXCELLENT, bombastic release, and the Wheel of Time songs "Ride Into Obsession" and "Wheel of Time" both set my nerdgasm aflame!

Shit how'd I miss this comment? I've been doing the same thing lately too. I'm surprised how much of the old school stuff is in there, and mixed with a real orchestra. Mine came in the digipack and damn it's trippy! A little bulky though. :D

Borealis - The Afterlife

And it stomps! I just discovered this Canadian band a couple hours ago, and that's the song I heard. So I went to go sample some more songs... Hopefully the album will arrive sometime this week. :D

Here's a video of one song of theirs:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u0NkfMcfcE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

:kickass: